By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Labo Kit will sell more, the Variety Pack or the Vehicle Pack?

I think the lifetime sales winner will be...

The Variety Pack 17 70.83%

The Vehicle Pack 7 29.17%

Total:24

Which kit do you think will sell more lifetime, and why?

For reference, the Variety Pack currently stands at 490k sales as of June 9th, with 8 weeks of charted numbers.

Around the Network

I think the vehicle pack will sell more due to the software looking to be more enjoyable. Also, if Nintendo's markets it properly, this could sell really good in the holidays.

The variety pack, even though the vehicle pack looks more fun on a gameplay perspective.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

From videos and ads I watched, IMVHO Variety could maybe sell more, but Vehicle buyers could eventually enjoy a longer lasting game.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

The way I see it, the Vehicle Kit looks like it offers more value as a traditional video game, but on the other hand the Variety Pack has a broader appeal beyond just the gaming audience with stuff like the Piano and House.

I'm leaning toward the Variety Pack due to this.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
From videos and ads I watched, IMVHO Variety could maybe sell more, but Vehicle buyers could eventually enjoy a longer lasting game.

Longer lasting games are generally better received, unless they're in a genre that emphasizes replayability.

I'd like if it were like you write, and often it is if the other conditions are roughly equal, but, as curl wrote:

curl-6 said:

The way I see it, the Vehicle Kit looks like it offers more value as a traditional video game, but on the other hand the Variety Pack has a broader appeal beyond just the gaming audience with stuff like the Piano and House.

I'm leaning toward the Variety Pack due to this.

Agree. Driving games can be great and some, like Mario Kart and the main titles of Gran Turismo, Forza, NFS and a few other racing franchises, can be great sellers, but they aren't the biggest genre, outside of Ninty world FPS and some sports (other than racing) games can be huger, while in Ninty world the genres that can be huger than racers are different, but collections of mini (or bigger) games are amongst them.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

This is a hard one to predict. But I think that the variety pack will sell more since it got released first.

Variety. I suspect more people who bought the variety kit will be satisfied with just that than there will be people who bought neither jumping in with the vehicle kit.

Variety pack

Variety was first and satisfied a lot of people's curiosity about Labo. I think it'll be the winner between the 2. In other words, while I think there will be a lot of crossover between Variety and Vehicle packs, I don't think there will be many people who purchase the Vehicle Pack that did not purchase the Variety Pack. Whereas I think there will be more people who got the Variety Pack out of curiosity and won't be picking up the Vehicle Pack.