By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Labo Kit will sell more, the Variety Pack or the Vehicle Pack?

I think the lifetime sales winner will be...

The Variety Pack 17 70.83%

The Vehicle Pack 7 29.17%

Total:24

Quite the turnabout in the poll, 6:6 to 12:6 overnight!

I do think the sales ratio of the two will be interesting as the Variety Pack demonstrates a more "blue ocean" approach to the Labo concept while the Vehicle Pack takes a more traditional video game route. It comes down to which audience will be more interested in Labo, the people who want to make and play with stuff like the Piano/RC Car/House, or the people who'd rather use it to play a more conventional video game?

Around the Network

This stuff is way too expensive, I don't see this new kit doing that well. The people who bought Variety Kit likely had their fun and now have a bunch of cardboard sitting around the house, not many are going to pay another $60-$70 for another kit IMO no matter what it is. And they are the most receptive people to the idea of what Labo, so effectively this kit is gonna be locked out of a lot of the Labo audience by coming later on. Vehicle Kit will be better than the Robot Kit which full on flopped, but a good deal less than Variety Kit IMO.

I also don't see retailers being as bullish on Labo, it was clear it was overshipped ... in Japan three months on the Variety Kit still hasn't sold through its first shipment, retailers are gonna be much more cautious with future Labo stuff.

Variety>vehicle.
But vehicle + robot > variety