By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What trophies and achievements say about you!

What kind of gamer are you?

Trophy Hunter 8 21.05%

Hardcore 14 36.84%

Story Gamer 11 28.95%

Casual Gamer 3 7.89%

Master of My Trade 2 5.26%

Total:38
Amnesia said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm quite impressed that you got it this "fast"

Oh thanks, but my rival which has the same performance, had already 2h33-35, 3 months before me. The game came out on the February 14th, I just don't get it HOW he was able to destroy the game so quickly. You see a video of him where he sucks, 3 weeks later he gets the WR.

Some guys have a very quick learning curve =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I fall somewhere between Story and Hardcore. If I like a game, I will usually do a good chunk of the side content. I have never platinumed a big game though. I complete the story of most games, unless they don't grab me and I quit within the first several hours. The amount of side content I do directly relates to 1) how much I like playing the game, and 2) if I have something else that I am really looking forward to playing. I don't care about trophies or gamerscore at all.

Edit to add:  I generally try to do a lot of side content while working on the story.  In most games, once I'm done with the story, I move on to something else.  So, in order to stretch the games out, I do both at the same time.  

One recent exception to this was God of War.  I did tons of side content after finishing the story.  But, that was an exceptionally good game.  

Mummelmann said:
I've always hated trophies and would most of all like an option to turn them off...

You can

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Trophy Hunter. I love obtaining trophies. It adds replay value to games, in my opinion.

I don't play really bad short games just to get easy trophies, I play good games or average at worst however once i start playing a game i will be committed to getting the platinum and all the dlc trophies. I guess that makes me a trophy hunter.

Around the Network
m0ney said:
Mummelmann said:
I've always hated trophies and would most of all like an option to turn them off...

You can

How? I can't seem to remember seeing any options on Steam to disable achievements. But I'd really love to.

Mummelmann said:

How? I can't seem to remember seeing any options on Steam to disable achievements. But I'd really love to.

Nvm I thought you were talking about Playstation

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.