By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is anyone else stoked for Xenoblade 2: Torna

Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

I also hope they have ironed out some of XB2's technical rough edges. It was a good game but it did feel a little rushed, with a very poor resolution when portable, some framerate dips that DF put down to a memory leak, and some mild glitches the kind of which you don't usually see in a first party Nintendo game. 

I'm not sure if that would have been their focus. If they haven't been able to fix some of the resolution issues in portable mode and such, then they might not have had that issue as a focus during Torna's development. Though apparently they've done a lot to smooth the edges of the game throughout its updates and all.

Yeah I kinda have the feeling they won't put a lot of effort into improving performance simply cos the game sold quite well as is so it's obviously not a big deal to most of the target audience.

Around the Network

The only thing of the rest of the year that I'm truly excited about. Maybe not too much after all the annoyances I had with the main game (which I still loved a lot), some of which are getting an overhaul for this release, but the core remains the same. In that sense, I'm mostly looking forward to the changes they made to the combat, which now maybe has the chance of making the concept of a Driver and a Blade working together more appealing and visually pleasant, as what we have right now feels handicapped in many ways.

Furthermore, I'm not expecting too much about the narrative presentation, but since datamines are pointing out that it's going to have more than 100 (the main game has around 140), at the very least this is going to be a very meaty expansion.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I am looking forward to this, yes. I'd expect it to be lengthy but certainly not another 100 hours. I might do a New Game Plus of the base game after Torna - I was thinking of doing it pre-Torna, but Ys 8 has kept me occupied and I've got Octopath to start.

Pretty excited for this, absolutely loved Xenoblade 2

Sounds interesting, but I have to pick up Xenoblade 2 first!

Keeping my eye on this for sure though. Xenoblade 2 and Battle Chasers: Nightwars are probably next on my purchase list.

Around the Network

I'm hyped!! Easily the game I'm most excited about right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's my favorite RPG two years in a row. Just hope it's sufficiently long since I'm been fixing for more XC2 lately. Story seems interesting and I'm curious to see more of the characters from the Torna era, and to see the events that lead up to Jin's descent be fleshed out further. I already bought the Expansion Pass while I was playing the main game, so I'll get a nice surprise one of these days before I get to jump back in.

Also I hope it has tons of Mythra focus. Though honestly they could make a game about her just doing laundry and I'd be excited for that.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I had no idea it was going to be a standalone release.
I enjoyed Xenoblade 2 well enough and the Torna backstory is really intriguing. I'm probably getting it but I too am hoping the game gets a couple layers of polish. (And make it actually playable in handheld mode please)

It should be cool to get to know Adam and Lora better, and to experience the Aegis War firsthand.

Also, the cover art is frigging awesome

cycycychris said:
I'm interested, but I'm not sure if I'll buy it. I loved the story and the characters, but by the end I was getting tired of the ridiculous difficulty spikes and spongey enemies. I'll have to watch some of it on youtube since I'm not really interest in new drivers, I want more story. But the premise sounds great, I just hope we get to explore some new areas.

The difficulty spikes and spongey enemies annoyed the fuck out of me too, but I'm hoping the recent addition of an Easy Mode will mitigate these frustrations somewhat.

NightlyPoe said:
This was the one announcement at E3 that actually made me excited.

Yeah, this was pretty much the only good thing about E3 for me. Terribly weak showing overall.

Not particularly, when it comes to more story I would have liked some more focus on the present day characters, even more so about the ones that were underdeveloped like the Torna members.

I feel the whole Aegis war deal was something well told through the conflict of Jin and Malos and through Pyra/Mythra's feelings, events that the player can infer already, plus I can't really justify it for myself from a gameplay perspective since I didn't have that much fun with the main game as it is.