By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Anticipated New Release of August?

Most Anticipated New Release of August?

Blade Strangers 27 2.94%

F1 2018 53 5.77%

Little Dragons Cafe 27 2.94%

Madden NFL 19 29 3.16%

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker 22 2.39%

Overcooked 2 87 9.47%

PES 2019 44 4.79%

Strange Brigade 12 1.31%

Yakuza Kiwami 2 203 22.09%

Other/Nothing 415 45.16%

Total:919

Would have said Madden 19 if EA bothered to give it a chance on the Switch. Since they haven't, it looks like I'm skipping Madden for the 7th year in a row. All the while wondering what EA is thinking as Madden sales continue to decline year over year. (Madden 17 sales were down 1 million units from Madden 16, and Madden 18 was over 3 million down from Madden 16. Some will write that off as an increase in digital sales, but if that were the case other sports titles like Fifa should show the same sharp declines, and that's not the case at all.)

As it stands, I picked Blade Strangers.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
COKTOE said:
This thread reminded me that I have the limited edition of Little Dragons Cafe ordered and on the the way. Beyond being a JRPG, I have almost no idea what it is. Literally just googled it right now. Just thought it sounded neat and decided to get it on a whim. The way to do it really.

I had to actually look at the trailer and look the production staff to know what was going on with that game. Turns out it is kind of a Story of Seasons/Rune Factory/Harvest Moon successor ?

I've never played any of those games TBH, but know more or less what type of games they are. Just watched the trailer too. Looks like you're correct in your assessment. It's got a nice vibe to it. Would be a nice change of pace from the norm. Maybe I'll move it ahead in the backlog queue.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Definitely Two Point Hospital for me.

Just inject that spiritual PC classic into my veins. 

Originally my vote was going to go to MHW, but since the PC port sounds like it's going to be garbage, an actual PC game like TPH sounds far more enticing/ideal for me. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 25 July 2018

WarioWare Gold.

Chazore said:

Definitely Two Point Hospital for me.

Just inject that spiritual PC classic into my veins. 

Originally my vote was going to go to MHW, but since the PC port sounds like it's going to be garbage, an actual PC game like TPH sounds far more enticing/ideal for me. 

Two point hospital looks great, but would like it on console... but might get it if it comes to GOG.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Madword said:

Two point hospital looks great, but would like it on console... but might get it if it comes to GOG.

The devs haven't said anything about a console version, and since Sega is publishing it, I'm not sure about it going to GoG. 

These kind of games are generally made for PC though, which is where I tend to grab them first and foremost. 

Yakuza goes to my wishlist

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

We Happy Few. I hope it's going to be good, I heard mixed reviews from early accesors. :S

village boy learns to jump.

Monster Hunter

Debating on getting Little Dragons Cafe day 1 or not.
Preordered the physical version of Okami HD from Japan too cause it has English.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I already pre-ordered PES so..

I'll also pick up Overcooked 2. The first one was on game pass so I tried it and it's actually great fun to play with my wife.

If We Happy Few releases on August I'll buy it too.