By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Anticipated New Release of August?

Most Anticipated New Release of August?

Blade Strangers 27 2.94%

F1 2018 53 5.77%

Little Dragons Cafe 27 2.94%

Madden NFL 19 29 3.16%

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker 22 2.39%

Overcooked 2 87 9.47%

PES 2019 44 4.79%

Strange Brigade 12 1.31%

Yakuza Kiwami 2 203 22.09%

Other/Nothing 415 45.16%

Total:919

August looks like a slow month overall. However, I don't have Octopath Traveler yet, so that makes August a good time to pick it up.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
KiigelHeart said:
I already pre-ordered PES so..

I'll also pick up Overcooked 2. The first one was on game pass so I tried it and it's actually great fun to play with my wife.

If We Happy Few releases on August I'll buy it too.

Compulsion's last game bombed with both critics and sales. So I wouldn't get too excited for We Happy Few. 

I'm not too excited. I did play Contrast and it had plenty of positives such as cool artstyle, ok story delivery and innovative gameplay mechanics. But it was a small budget game.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
August looks like a slow month overall. However, I don't have Octopath Traveler yet, so that makes August a good time to pick it up.

Well yes, you should. You're seem to me not one to shy away from turn-based combat, random encounters and dialogue made through text. If you can stand this, Octopath does so much so right. It is not without fault, for my tastes it has to few options for charcter development (in the numbers department). But that is by far outshone by the things done right. I so far considered Atlus the masters of turn-based RPGs, but I actually wish Atlus takes some notes from Octopath.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Nothing for me, for the 2nd month in a row.

Same for me.  But, that's pretty normal this time of year.  

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Well yes, you should. You're seem to me not one to shy away from turn-based combat, random encounters and dialogue made through text. If you can stand this, Octopath does so much so right. It is not without fault, for my tastes it has to few options for charcter development (in the numbers department). But that is by far outshone by the things done right. I so far considered Atlus the masters of turn-based RPGs, but I actually wish Atlus takes some notes from Octopath.

Turn based combat is a huge feature and not a complaint to me.  I especially like Square Enix turn based combat too.  For some reason Atlas doesn't quite "wow" me in the same way it does other people.  They've made games that I liked, but I still like Square Enix better when they do turn based combat.