By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pro Gamer breaks up with his girlfriend - who happens to be one of the most desired girls in the world.

Dgc1808 said:
"Man dumps beautiful girl friend to play more video games" sounds weird.
"Professional leaves girl friend to focus on career", not so weird.

lol sums it up.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Chris Rock said something along the lines of "No matter how beautiful a woman is, there's some guy out there that's tired of fucking her."

Physical beauty might make two people attract but it's takes way more than that to make things work. No point staying with someone attractive if they make you miserable.

Lmao. Damn there is some serious words of wisdom in this thread.

I guess she wasn't that desirable after all... 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Mnementh said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

I’m not sure where you get the idea that personalities are inversely linked to outward appearance. That seems a bit superficial, and based on nothing.

Well, while it seems unconnected, where is some relation. A hot looking girl with bad personality usually gets away with more than a not so good looking girl. It's probably the same with guys. This doesn't mean good looks always imply bad personality. But good looking persons usually have less incentive to change their behaviours.

So you honestly think woman develop their personality based on how men respond to them?  That’s a bit misogynistic, and ridiculous.  Has female rejection made you kinder?  When you developed an interest in video games, was it to impress women because your looks weren’t enough?  I can see it now:  a young girl plans to train to be a vet because of her strong marks in school and love of animals.  She may even head to Africa to treat baby giraffes...but no, men find her pretty so fuck that.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Mnementh said:

Well, while it seems unconnected, where is some relation. A hot looking girl with bad personality usually gets away with more than a not so good looking girl. It's probably the same with guys. This doesn't mean good looks always imply bad personality. But good looking persons usually have less incentive to change their behaviours.

So you honestly think woman develop their personality based on how men respond to them?  That’s a bit misogynistic, and ridiculous.  Has female rejection made you kinder?  When you developed an interest in video games, was it to impress women because your looks weren’t enough?  I can see it now:  a young girl plans to train to be a vet because of her strong marks in school and love of animals.  She may even head to Africa to treat baby giraffes...but no, men find her pretty so fuck that.

What? How do you even come to this ridiculous post?

We all, men and women alike, form our personality in part through our experiences. That's why parenting is a thing. If that was all set by birth, parents could lean back. because nothing they did would change anything. And yes, bad behaviour unchallenged over time can instill the feeling that said behaviour is OK. That is not a necessity, as I said in my post. But it is a possibility.

How do you think some communities develop toxic behaviour? That is because it is reinforced that said behaviour is OK, so next time someone goes a step farther and we can see if that is challenged. If such oversteppings of borders stay unchallenged over time a community devolves, because member think such behaviour is OK. And then you get a toxic community.

Whatever you fantasized into my post, take a step back, take a deep breath and read again. And think. Especially before posting something ridiculous as you did.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

I’m not sure where you get the idea that personalities are inversely linked to outward appearance. That seems a bit superficial, and based on nothing.

The same thing could be said with your little counter but more so. The prettiest girls are gonna have the best personalities? lol. In general, no. I actually have a decent basis for my opinion while you're just white knighting. Have you ever bothered to get to know any instagram model, twitch streamer/thot, stripper, etc where their career revolves around their looks? Alot of them are egotistical and shallow but not all. It's extremely difficult to remain grounded and humble where everyone is being agreeable to what they say just to itch a bit closer.

So the basis of your opinion is you’ve met a few Instagram models and strippers?  Great.  I use science, and there is a big pile of data over there that says there is no link between brain development and outward appearance.  I do think you can infer some personality traits from outward appearance, but there is absolutely nothin to suggest that an uglier person is more likely to be smarter, kinder or more interesting.

And for clarification, I wasn’t saying pretty girls are superior mentally either, only that there is no link at all.  In your excitement to disagree you assumed I was saying the opposite. I’m not “white knighting”, but you do come across as a bit InCel.

*tips fedora, good day.

Mnementh said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

We all, men and women alike, form our personality in part through our experiences. That's why parenting is a thing. If that was all set by birth, parents could lean back. because nothing they did would change anything. And yes, bad behaviour unchallenged over time can instill the feeling that said behaviour is OK. That is not a necessity, as I said in my post. But it is a possibility.

How do you think some communities develop toxic behaviour? That is because it is reinforced that said behaviour is OK, so next time someone goes a step farther and we can see if that is challenged. If such oversteppings of borders stay unchallenged over time a community devolves, because member think such behaviour is OK. And then you get a toxic community.

Whatever you fantasized into my post, take a step back, take a deep breath and read again. And think. Especially before posting something ridiculous as you did.

The idea that good looking people won’t have bad behaviour challenged, is ridiculous.

Ljink96 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

What does high maintenance mean, and why can we infer it from her appearance?

High Maintenance, as implied is kind of a way to describe something that always needs attention. 

Well, I have personally used some guidelines in my past experiences to discern this. For one, she's usually overly consumed with her appearance. There's taking pictures of yourself, and then there's having a desire to show yourself off because you know you kind of look good. I think it's fair to say that these images in the link kind of portray that.

He says they don't have enough time to play call of duty, and it could be for numerous reasons. But another sign of a high maintenance people is that they always want to be near you. So you basically rarely have time to yourself. Not saying that's what Pro Gamer experienced but it's definitely a possibility. 

It's impossible to really know what she's like, but I'm just making some educated guesses here. It's not that these traits are necessarily her fault, or even that they're a fault, it's just what seems to be what has built her. 

And people saying she isn't your type, very fair...but that bottom half, just sayin'

I know a bunch of guys with ugly wives. None of them say they require less attention than the pretty ones.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Mnementh said:

The idea that good looking people won’t have bad behaviour challenged, is ridiculous.

Fact is, people tend to change their behaviour towards others based on the looks of said others. Nothing about that is ridiculous. I don't say bad behaviour never gets challenged, but it might be that good-looking or otherwise popular people can have more overlooked. That, as I said, must not always lead to bad personality, but lesser negative reinforcement might make it more probable.

In answer to another post you said you base your opinion in science. Can you provide these science facts please, I'm very interested in behavioral science overall.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

TheLastStarFighter said:
Aeolus451 said:

The same thing could be said with your little counter but more so. The prettiest girls are gonna have the best personalities? lol. In general, no. I actually have a decent basis for my opinion while you're just white knighting. Have you ever bothered to get to know any instagram model, twitch streamer/thot, stripper, etc where their career revolves around their looks? Alot of them are egotistical and shallow but not all. It's extremely difficult to remain grounded and humble where everyone is being agreeable to what they say just to itch a bit closer.

So the basis of your opinion is you’ve met a few Instagram models and strippers?  Great.  I use science, and there is a big pile of data over there that says there is no link between brain development and outward appearance.  I do think you can infer some personality traits from outward appearance, but there is absolutely nothin to suggest that an uglier person is more likely to be smarter, kinder or more interesting.

And for clarification, I wasn’t saying pretty girls are superior mentally either, only that there is no link at all.  In your excitement to disagree you assumed I was saying the opposite. I’m not “white knighting”, but you do come across as a bit InCel.

*tips fedora, good day.

You're claiming to use science when you haven't provided anything. That bolded part is wrong especially if it's worded as personality development.

A person's attractiveness level can affect their personality development as they age in both positive and negative ways. It changes how society treats them and their individual experience. An uglier person is more incentivized to develope a better personality (like trying to be funnier) so they don't become an incel (which you accused me of being lol) or have no friends. It can also have an inverse effect. Anyway, "there's no link between brain development and outward appearance " is easy to refute. 

www.personalityresearch.org/papers/popkins2.html

You can also use common sense.

Do you think an attractive person is more confident than an ugly person in general?