By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Octopath restocked in Japan, sells out again within hours

curl-6 said:

Square Enix fucked up big time on this one, hopefully sales aren't too badly damaged by the shortage.

there are plenty of copies of it still available from the eshop last time I looked!



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
curl-6 said:

Square Enix fucked up big time on this one, hopefully sales aren't too badly damaged by the shortage.

there are plenty of copies of it still available from the eshop last time I looked!

You could even say that it is "limiteless" :O



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Annoying for consumers, but good news for Square Enix. :)



Pretty sure it'll sell 3 million+ when all is said and done.



Seems like a massive success compared to what they were expecting (do we know what were their projections?) and they need to have more shipments.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Seems like a massive success compared to what they were expecting (do we know what were their projections?) and they need to have more shipments.

^This. Guess the retro aesthetic, unique combat system and character development paid off. :)



CaptainExplosion said:
DonFerrari said:
Seems like a massive success compared to what they were expecting (do we know what were their projections?) and they need to have more shipments.

^This. Guess the retro aesthetic, unique combat system and character development paid off. :)

Seeks like a very much starved "niche" that when supplied paid off royally. And seems like people that played loved it.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

great to hear that it is selling so good



I think some of you are getting ahead of yourselves a wee bit. The game is doing well, that's for sure, but we're nowhere near the point where 2 million or more is in the bag.



Now watch as the game goes on to sell 5+ million and SE proceeds to call it a dissappointment overall like with Tomb Raider. :3