By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT results Q4 and Full Year earnings. Huge.

This is what happens when you have more online subscription on the platform than actual exclusive games.this actually proves that consumer don't care about exclusives.i hope playstation and Nintendo take note and create more online subscription services rather than investing in expensive exclusive games(which PC gamers don't get to enjoy) .it will be good for them and also for the consumer.

Around the Network

It seems that the expansion of Xbox live to Windows 10 is smart move after all. The subscription service seems to be working well also.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

I can't wait to see what Forza Horizon 4 does for Gamepass. This will be crazy.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Oh and MS has as much revenue as the GDP of Marokko, Ukraine or Ecuador.
If MS was a country it would be ranked on No. 61 of all countries sorted by their GDP.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
I can't wait to see what Forza Horizon 4 does for Gamepass. This will be crazy.

Yep, that will be when I finally take up gamepass. For the moment I have already owned all the games I like that are on gamepass, FH4 changes that for people like myself.

Around the Network
pxrocks said:
This is what happens when you have more online subscription on the platform than actual exclusive games.this actually proves that consumer don't care about exclusives.i hope playstation and Nintendo take note and create more online subscription services rather than investing in expensive exclusive games(which PC gamers don't get to enjoy) .it will be good for them and also for the consumer.

Yeah, no. Considering that MS is currently dead-last in console sales pretty much every sign points to the fact that this is clearly not the model to follow and that Sony and Nintendo are the ones who actually know what gamers want and not the other way around. I am more than willing to pay extra for quality exclusives, no subscription required (though I personally do pay for PS+).

Remember, MS =/= Xbox brand. 

OT: good results as always, and healthy growth for the gaming sector. Albeit logic would dictate that a growing install-base will consume more software and a 500$ late-gen console upgrade will bump those numbers up.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:
Good numbers but never hw sales or information that sales site can really discuss.

Profit/Revenue > Sales figures

Not when your brand is faltering for 5 years straight and chances are that next-gen you will have even lower numbers, especially when your 2 rivals obviously buckled down for the long-run. 

But maybe some people are just OK playing "MS Financial Results 2018" and simply gave up for this gen.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:
39% is impressive.

I bet gamepass is a huge reason why.

They literally said it was cause of third party titles (aka royalties, i'm guessing). If it was anything else like game pass i am sure they would've boasted about it.

Errorist76 said:
Revenue is not earnings. It’s not like they’d get all their gamespass games for free. Plus they’re selling a way more expensive system and giving the older one for peanuts. More smokes and mirrors is what I smell.

What do mirrors smell like on the console warz battlefield?

KLAMarine said:
What's GAAP mean?

Games As A Service

like always online, such as sea of thieves, where they keep adding to it and changing it, like an mmo.