By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft teases all-new hardware for gamescom

Xbox One SS? Hope it is a hardware redesign rather than an accessory.
I expect the second generation of elite controllers. We've been hearing about them for a while now.

Around the Network

They said fuck it to VR/AR, and they reconfirmed it wasn't Xbox console hardware itself... New controllers, new Xbox editions based on games (Like the GoW4, Minecraft, and Forza themed Xbox's).
I always wished for a handheld that takes advantage of their "Play anywhere" program with all their exclusives. Forza and Cuphead on the go!.

Excited for sure if it is a new Elite controller, or customizable Elite controllers on that one website where they let you design Xbox controllers. I really love Xbox controllers.

I'm really curious to see what they are going to do with brand new themed Xbox consoles. I want a new Xbox One sometime soon for myself, and I hope they release a Forza themed Xbox One X. The Forza 6 Xbox One was beautiful, THEY NEED MORE.

What are the odds the "all new hardware" change was planned all along to drum up hype and get as much attention as possible? It was more than just a little typo going from “all new Xbox hardware and accessories” to “new Xbox One bundles and accessories”.

If you can customize your own controller colors and designs and that business is quite profitable, why not add customizable consoles? Maybe there's a customizable bundle where you can have both for a cheaper price or with a game bundled, instead of ordering them separately.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 19 July 2018

VAMatt said:
WoodenPints said:

It's probably the Xbox Elite Controller V2.

The Xbox Elite controller is by far the best controller I've ever used. But, I see no reason for them to release another one right now.

iirc rumors say Elite V2 will have adjustable tension on analog stick movement, which would be a huge addition btw.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Xbox One SS? Hope it is a hardware redesign rather than an accessory.
I expect the second generation of elite controllers. We've been hearing about them for a while now.

Well that name would not sell well in Germany.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Well I'll be dog-goned. I was really hoping for a surprise. Guess I'll just have to keep enjoying my XOX for now. This damned AAA gaming Phone is one elusive little critter.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

update:

His blog-post now reads: " New Bundles & Accessories" instead of hardware, in the posting he made.

So to re-cap:
1) no new hardware for gamescom.

and

2) they dont plan on doing a normal Press Conference Gamescom event, instead their going to "stream" video a Inside Xbox episode.

source:  https://wccftech.com/no-xbox-gamescom-2018-conference/

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 19 July 2018

twintail said:
It says Xbox bundles now. So clearly a typo in the first place.

Yeah he says he mis-spoke/wrote.

Title of thread should be edited to reflect this tbh.
Also gamescom not being a real press event, but instead a streamed episode of Inside Xbox.

Hype deflated lol.

VAMatt said:
endimion said:

They are releasing a new one that's for sure... Can't remember where i saw the report... And it's probably what they'll show at gamescom it will be even more customizable to your play style...

Well, that's interesting. I rarely make use of any of the paddles or button mapping.  I just like the overall feel of the thing, the adjustable trigger pull depth, and the interchangeable thumb sticks.   I wonder what else they can bring to the table....

From what I can remember it will be targeted to pro gamers... Adjustable thumb stick resistance.... Adjustable trigger draw distance etc even the triggers can be modified etc... That's what I can remember and the last one was speculation based on patent filing from MS

Now after his correction it makes more sense... but it could also be that he left the information get out before the right time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."