By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Direct on July 22nd

FloatingWaffles said:

Saw this yesterday.

Has Nintendo even ever shown this many new games in a direct before?

New Super Mario Bros Switch
Super Mario Maker Switch
Mother 3D
Star Fox Racing
Super Mario Odyssey + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC
Cuphead
Mortal Kombat X, Kinghom Hearts 3, Fallout 76, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

All in barely over a month since it was E3 in which they decided not to show ANY of this there? All also in a single direct? 

I don't believe it, but we'll see I guess.

Well considering the big backlash to their shitty E3 presentation, one can only hope this list is true.

BUT we know it ain't cause Nintendo never learn. 

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Saw this yesterday.

Has Nintendo even ever shown this many new games in a direct before?

New Super Mario Bros Switch
Super Mario Maker Switch
Mother 3D
Star Fox Racing
Super Mario Odyssey + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC
Cuphead
Mortal Kombat X, Kinghom Hearts 3, Fallout 76, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

All in barely over a month since it was E3 in which they decided not to show ANY of this there? All also in a single direct? 

I don't believe it, but we'll see I guess.

Well considering the big backlash to their shitty E3 presentation, one can only hope this list is true.

BUT we know it ain't cause Nintendo never learn  this list is shit.

There.

All I know is that Nintendo doesn’t necessarily do reactionary events just because some don’t like their E3 presentation. They have planned out what they feel they are ready to show. If Metroid Prime 4 is not ready to show, they won’t show it. As I said before, January 2013 was the only time they announced so many big projects that weren’t ready in 1-2 years but it got them nowhere with the Wii U.

I guess you can say Game Freak reacted to the backlash of USUM by teasing Pokémon 2019 but even then that’s out of the norm for them. Same with Metroid Prime 4 when Nintendo later announced Samus Returns.

Nintendo said they have more to show later this year. Ultimately, they want to show them under their own terms like they have for years.

Kyoto cant be so stupid. Nono. No one is so stupid to show a game like SF GP in a Direct for the first time. If they really do that than nintendo must be really on acid.

Guess we'll find out if its true next week.

Around the Network

a direct on a sundaY? nope

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Ganoncrotch said:

reading that it's more like a fanfiction than a leak, all I can say is

I think you are always noisy . Please be quiet.

LOL what is this!

more socially awkward direct jabs by Oneeee-Chan!!! love it!

If you believe every rumour about every Direct, we would have had about 30 of them in the past year.

Earlier in the year there was almost a rumour about a Direct every single Tuesday or Thursday.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Mother 3D...
Hilarious...
Furthermore, New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Maker announcements at the same time???
Doesn't seem like their style (also NSMBU is New Super Mario World)...

Have a nice day...

Jumpin said:

If you believe every rumour about every Direct, we would have had about 30 of them in the past year.

Earlier in the year there was almost a rumour about a Direct every single Tuesday or Thursday.

Actually that was only fan speculation. After the mini direct happened in Janruary, there was rumor of another nintendo presentation the following week, and speculation started then.

That Nintendo presentation turned out to be the Labo reveal.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.