By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When, If At All, Do You Think the Switch Will Overtake the Xbox One in Console Sales?

When, If At All, Do You Think the Switch Will Overtake the Xbox One in Console Sales?

Before the end of 2018 57 4.85%

Q1 or Q2 of 2019 126 10.71%

Q3 or Q4 of 2019 385 32.74%

Q1 or Q2 of 2020 209 17.77%

Q3 or Q4 of 2020 169 14.37%

Q1 or Q2 of 2021 42 3.57%

Q3 or Q4 of 2021 28 2.38%

2022 31 2.64%

2023 or Later 22 1.87%

Never 107 9.10%

Total:1,176

I'm no analyst of these things... But I reckon sometime around next Thursday.

I mean Bomb Chicken and "holy potatoes! - a weapon shop?!" Launch over the weekend, should be a huge surge of sales with those 2 killer apps.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

early 2020

Metroid,Pokemon,Fire Emblem,Yoshi,Daemon are some of the stuff confirmed for 2019 pretty much so it should help close the gap between the two throughout 2019.

Pokemon will be the mover of Switch since that's gonna be the big leap pokemon game people have been waiting for

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

December 2019.

VAMatt said:
eva01beserk said:
I would say early next year. I actually belive when they said they havent anounced everything coming this year for the switch. While for MS they basicly said nothing is coming for a while and will be as barren as the last 2 years have been until the next box comes out in 2020. So i expect NS to rise after the anouncements while the xbox will drop soon.

When did MS say a new system is coming in 2020?

Who cares what ms or sony or nintendo say. Its been ages since they did any tech themselfs for the consoles. Its when amd is ready and their roadmap says is by 2020 the tech will be ready.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
VAMatt said:

Who cares what ms or sony or nintendo say. Its been ages since they did any tech themselfs for the consoles. Its when amd is ready and their roadmap says is by 2020 the tech will be ready.

they work with AMD  and other part manufactures and take into consideration what's coming down the pipeline, but the final say of when and how much of that meets their tech budget  focus is still for Sony and Ms to decide .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Never because with windows 10 xbox is already over 100 million.

I think early 2020. 

The "if at all"in the thread title really wasn't necessary 

Depends on how well Switch does with more competition and even less AAA 3rd party games. I fully believe that Microsoft, and potentially Sony will release Handheld/Mobile devices that are B/C with PS4/XBO and capable of playing PS5/XB4 games as well. I also believe Google, will enter the market with Home, Handheld/Mobile, and Streaming That will leave the Switch to ride or die buy Nintendo and Indie titles. That said, I don't think Switch will pass XBO.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

eva01beserk said:
VAMatt said:

Wouldn't be the fist time that the roadmaps of AMD, Nvidia and Intel are a bit optimistic and the products get delayed.

Sony and Microsoft would have to be absolutely sure that AMD can deliver on time. I also expect the new consoles in November 2020, but if things go wrong at AMD, 2021 could be possible.

eva01beserk said:
VAMatt said:

Trusting an AMD roadmap is like getting back together with an ex thinking this time around things will be different.

Their smallest delay in the past ten years has been, like, nine months.