By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When, If At All, Do You Think the Switch Will Overtake the Xbox One in Console Sales?

When, If At All, Do You Think the Switch Will Overtake the Xbox One in Console Sales?

Before the end of 2018 57 4.85%

Q1 or Q2 of 2019 126 10.71%

Q3 or Q4 of 2019 385 32.74%

Q1 or Q2 of 2020 209 17.77%

Q3 or Q4 of 2020 169 14.37%

Q1 or Q2 of 2021 42 3.57%

Q3 or Q4 of 2021 28 2.38%

2022 31 2.64%

2023 or Later 22 1.87%

Never 107 9.10%

Total:1,176
Conina said:
eva01beserk said:

Who cares what ms or sony or nintendo say. Its been ages since they did any tech themselfs for the consoles. Its when amd is ready and their roadmap says is by 2020 the tech will be ready.

Wouldn't be the fist time that the roadmaps of AMD, Nvidia and Intel are a bit optimistic and the products get delayed.

Sony and Microsoft would have to be absolutely sure that AMD can deliver on time. I also expect the new consoles in November 2020, but if things go wrong at AMD, 2021 could be possible.

haxxiy said:
eva01beserk said:

Who cares what ms or sony or nintendo say. Its been ages since they did any tech themselfs for the consoles. Its when amd is ready and their roadmap says is by 2020 the tech will be ready.

Trusting an AMD roadmap is like getting back together with an ex thinking this time around things will be different.

Their smallest delay in the past ten years has been, like, nine months.

Sure, cant say I can disagree with what your saying. But the point I was making was not that AMD will be ready when they say, but that next gen will be ready when AMD or whoever they decide to go with has the components for the gen. When ever that is, is when next gen will start, not when MS or Sony decide. At most they will collaborate and add their own thing like sony did with the pro, but the base tech needs to exist for sony to inovate on it. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

December or November in 2020.

In 2020 or never.

Won’t take more than 2 years

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I would say next year.

Around the Network

Bump.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Happend slightly sooner than I thought it would (back in 2018)...

Seems like the majority will be right on this one.

Signature goes here!

VG Chartz audience have their finger on the pulse....

381 people were correct.