By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Welp, guys, it finally happened: I finally got my PS5! I just got my order confirmation e-mail from GameStop a couple hours ago:

Granted, I did already get Spider-Man for PS4 for Christmas, which comes with a free upgrade, but I can always trade it in when it arrives, and I plan on doing just that, probably for Demon's Souls or Returnal, but man, I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief right now. The wait is now over, or it will be soon enough.

BTW, in case you're wondering why I got the black controller bundle: it's because I tried adding the white controller bundle to my cart and it locked me out, and so I hit the panic button and tried adding the black controller bundle instead to avoid losing out, but yeah:

So glad I didn't have to go through scalpers to get mine (though GS selling theirs exclusively through bundles and Pro memberships certainly helps). #SuckItScalpers

Around the Network
KManX89 said:

Granted, I did already get Spider-Man for PS4 for Christmas, which comes with a free upgrade, but I can always trade it in when it arrives, and I plan on doing just that,

There ain't a PS4 -> PS5 upgrade for Spider-Man, neither free nor paid.

You can't even buy Spider-Man Remastered PS5 as retail or download version without Miles Morales.

The only way to get the PS5 version of Spider-Man is the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales.

Every big game bar Ratchet being delayed into 2022 is the reason Sony needs more AA (Returnal scale) games and mid-sized studios.

Bristow9091 said:
Conina said:

There ain't a PS4 -> PS5 upgrade for Spider-Man, neither free nor paid.

You can't even buy Spider-Man Remastered PS5 as retail or download version without Miles Morales.

The only way to get the PS5 version of Spider-Man is the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales.

Kind of obvious he meant Miles Morales...

Yup, and it even says on the box art "free PS5 upgrade", so yeah, it's definitely getting traded in when it arrives. 

Otter said:

Every big game bar Ratchet being delayed into 2022 is the reason Sony needs more AA (Returnal scale) games and mid-sized studios.

Why do people keep saying stuff like this? Even with God of War, Horizon, and Gran Turismo being delayed, the first year of PS5 has still been great. One of the best first years in any console's history. Honestly, the only first year I'd say had been better was Nintendo Switch, and that is one of the most successful consoles of all time and has a small chance of being the #1 if Nintendo doesn't Old Yeller it out back before its time. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Otter said:

Why do people keep saying stuff like this? Even with God of War, Horizon, and Gran Turismo being delayed, the first year of PS5 has still been great. One of the best first years in any console's history. Honestly, the only first year I'd say had been better was Nintendo Switch, and that is one of the most successful consoles of all time and has a small chance of being the #1 if Nintendo doesn't Old Yeller it out back before its time. 

Because It's true. Why do you sound defensive?

They potentially have nothing for Q3/Q4 other than DLC for Ghost & Death Stranding. I'd much rather have internally curated IPs and smaller titles fill in the gap versus them just buying timed exclusivity. Is there something controversial about that?

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want a steady stream of 1st party releases throughout the year. For me especially, I tend to enjoy their output more than third parties. Nintendo does this very well.

Otter said:

Or Sony could have found the cure of COVID-19 in early 2020.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Otter said:

If you're suggesting the delays are only Covid related, that could be the case. But we've seen similar quiet years in the past 

2014- Infamous, Driveclub
2015- Bloodborne, The Order
2019- Days Gone, Concrete Genie, Death Stranding
2021- Returnals, Ratchet, All-Stars (if nothing new is revealed)

Otter said:
DonFerrari said:

If you're suggesting the delays are only Covid related, that could be the case. But we've seen similar quiet years in the past 

Sure we have seem, and have seem from other publishers. And 2020/2021 most titles have suffered several delays due to COVID-19 and you know it. Sony still do plenty partnership for smaller games, and already have said their strategy for first party is AAA games, so not sure of  what you are really complaining (besides Q4 have been a time when Sony haven`t released many games).

From your list Concrete Genie isn`t AAA, Death Stranging and Returnal (at that moment) aren`t first party. Not incommon to see years with more titles than others, and with the number of studios Sony have and time to develop games 2 games per year isn`t that much unexpected.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Otter said:

Sure we have seem, and have seem from other publishers. And 2020/2021 most titles have suffered several delays due to COVID-19 and you know it. Sony still do plenty partnership for smaller games, and already have said their strategy for first party is AAA games, so not sure of  what you are really complaining (besides Q4 have been a time when Sony haven`t released many games).

From your list Concrete Genie isn`t AAA, Death Stranging and Returnal (at that moment) aren`t first party. Not incommon to see years with more titles than others, and with the number of studios Sony have and time to develop games 2 games per year isn`t that much unexpected.

Let's not mistake every opinion as a complaint. I see value in the AA games which can be more frequent releases than the massive AAA, and I think the curation of titles published by sony, where Sony owns the IP and informs its development is distinct from those where Sony just buys timed exclusivity. Meanwhile, I really do not have faith that the games Sony pegged for 2021 like GOW/GT7 would have made it even without Covid. But that's just me.