Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation: Definitive Edition - The PS5 is coming!

When will you be buying a PS5?

Day One 6 33.33%

Year One 1 5.56%

Sometime later 7 38.89%

I'm not buying a PS5 unti... 4 22.22%

Total:18

I'll buy it when they announce a new god of war

Around the Network
PopFan said:
Blood_Tears said:

Nov 13th is a good idea as well to have CoD as a launch title for it. 

For reasons of respect, Xbox Series and PS5 launch wont clash each other, they will lose both from launching the same date.

It wouldn't be the same date though as Xbox Series is launching on the 10th, 3 days earlier. Unless you mean the same week, even then it's not disrespectful at all. 

Blood_Tears said:
PopFan said:

For reasons of respect, Xbox Series and PS5 launch wont clash each other, they will lose both from launching the same date.

It wouldn't be the same date though as Xbox Series is launching on the 10th, 3 days earlier. Unless you mean the same week, even then it's not disrespectful at all. 

I'd say that they are more likely to give Series X at least a week head start. Though initial shipments of both will likely sell out

Time to look back at my old leaks: From 17 leaks I got 12 right. The 5 leaks that I got wrong can all be easily eplained (look at the bottom). In fact 3 of them are only partly false or will become right too sooner than later.

PS5 leaks that I got right:

- Big digital Playstation event planned for early/mid June.

- Sony will fully reveal the
PS5 there

- We will finally see the final design of the PS5

- The price will not be revealed

Game leaks that I got right:

- Announcement of a new Gran Turismo game + gameplay (exactly as I described)

- Announcement of Demon's Souls Remake + trailer (exactly as I described)

- Announcement of Horizon 2 with a big trailer (exactly as I described)

- Announcement of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (name of the game was exactly as I said)

- Announcement of Crash Bandicoot 4

- Announcement of Ratchet & Clank PS5

Other leaks that I got right:

Sony will extend their partnership with Activision (exclusive deals in Crash 4 & Black Ops Cold War)

Leaks that I got wrong:

Silent Hill Reboot announcement
EXPLANATION: This doesn't mean that this thing is not real. Sony is still teaming up with Konami to develop this. The most we would have seen in June would have been a teaser (as I said). They probably delayed the reveal to make the announcement a bigger thing.

The next big PS5 event will happen in August 2020
EXPLANATION: That event was originally planned for August but delayed to September. Not surprised as the "The Future of Gaming" was delayed from April to June too. I said the PS5 price will be revealed at the second PS5 event and with that event happening tomorrow... ;)

Sony will present us new features at the PS5 event
EXPLANATION: I said that Sony will present us the features of the DualSense (functionality, haptic feedback...), the new Create button, the new Playstation Assistant system and plenty of other new features. For some reason Sony decided to scrap this part from the show. Don't know the reason for that, but I know 100% that this was planned for the event. The event was originally set for 90 minutes. I guess they probably wanted to short it down to 1 hour. They decided to split the reveal of new features for later dates. For example the DualSense features reveal happened in July with Geoff Keighley. The other delayed PS5 features will be presented soon.

Gran Turismo PS5 will be available at launch
The game was meant to be a launch game however Polyphony Digital told Sony that they need more time for this.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Crash Bandicoot 4 will be at the PS5 event
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Crash Bandicoot 4 were scrapped from the PS5 event and announced on different occasions.

Last edited by Truthstation - 5 days ago

Well, I brought up switch and xbox conversion in my tekken 7 ps4 lobbies and almost all my ps4 tekken friends dont like xbox or switch . but it's ok because I'm not forcing them to buy them just wanted to know there opinions . like multiple lobbies I entered today.

My xbl:dx11332sega

My second Xbl:Segasaturnsan

My psn:Segasaturnsan

My Nintendo Friend Code:1302-4985-4999

My Steam:dx11332sega

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

Well, I brought up switch and xbox conversion in my tekken 7 ps4 lobbies and almost all my ps4 tekken friends dont like xbox or switch . but it's ok because I'm not forcing them to buy them just wanted to know there opinions . like multiple lobbies I entered today.

who the heck doesn't like Switch? IT's possibly the best Nintendo platform ever, easily the best since SNES. Probably gonna be their best selling home console and second best selling handheld, too. Great games, great mobility/versatility, great third party support...seriously who the heck doesn't like Switch?

has anybody made a PS5 thread for tonites show?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
has anybody made a PS5 thread for tonites show?

Yep.

Chinese food for breakfast

Popping in here to fish for some votes! Lot of cool games shown today

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/243229/most-wanted-october-voting-is-open/1/