By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

@DonFerrari You're probably right. I just can't imagine Microsoft being idle if they hear the slightest rumor about Sony being interested.
Even though the sale wouldn't be public, Microsoft could still make an offer. Also apparently, Jeff Grubb has heard that Microsoft and Bungie are in discussions about an acquisition (link).

Around the Network
Replicant said:

@DonFerrari You're probably right. I just can't imagine Microsoft being idle if they hear the slightest rumor about Sony being interested.
Even though the sale wouldn't be public, Microsoft could still make an offer. Also apparently, Jeff Grubb has heard that Microsoft and Bungie are in discussions about an acquisition (link).

Would be odd that one gen after going out of MS and making 2 games that generated a lot of resources they would go under MS again, but who knows. And sure even though nothing is public, MS may think that Sony is after Bungie to counter all the buyouts MS done and preventively go there and offer a truck of money to them beforehand.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Alright I am hyped!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Pickup appointment at Best Buy just confirmed for Nov 10th at the ass crack of dawn. Looks like I'm getting my PS5 a couple days early!

EDIT: May be an error in their scheduler, though. Hope I'll actually be able to pick it up, then.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 29 October 2020

Captain_Yuri said:

Alright I am hyped!!!

Nice. Best video I've seen so far in terms of conveying what it is that makes DualSense special.

Around the Network

Kena: Bridge of Spirits 🧙

Replicant said:

The new PS app will roll out later today.

Any sign the app will allow for game storage transfers? I can't believe SNY will make you sit and wait in front of your TV.

DonFerrari said:
Replicant said:

There seems to be something going on with Bungie at least. Whenever a US based company is acquired, an officer role is added under the title "Corporation Service Company". Most recent examples being Insomniac Games and Zenimax Media before they were acquired. Same thing happened to Bungie earlier this year. Bungie has denied any rumor but that's standard practice.

But Microsoft would rather empty their war chest than see Bungie in bed with Sony. They'd fight hard in a bidding war.
I read Sony's statement about "organic mergers and acquisitions" as applying to close partners anyway. And if that's the case, Bluepoint Games or Housemarque would make much more sense.

A biding war would only occur if they had public said they are for sale. Otherwise these type of deals are made with NDA contracts to start talking, so it wouldn`t be a bid war, only a is that company offering enough war.

Unless it's some kind of super rare hands off kinda deal where MS is more so just financially backing Bungie and reaping the multiplatform benefits, I have a really hard time seeing Bungie going back to MS.

I also don't necessarily see them joining SNY either, though I'd think that would be more likely than MS based on their PS4 relationship.

Wasn't Destiny (2) the big showcase game for the Stadia launch? Bungie wouldn't dare be acquired by Google would they?

EricHiggin said: 
Any sign the app will allow for game storage transfers? I can't believe SNY will make you sit and wait in front of your TV.

Haven't heard anything about that, no.

Replicant said:
EricHiggin said: 

Haven't heard anything about that, no.

Well if you can download to your console from the app, then there's little reason not to allow storage transfers from it either. Hopefully that get's added in after launch.

Exactly two weeks from now.