By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

I dont get this post at all to be honest?. Maybe i just missed something?. who is saying this?.

And now a similar song is being sung on the Xbox thread, that Sony's contracts prevent developers from taking full advantage of Series X's computational advantage, blah blah blah.

Honestly thats not that bad. Why would one have HDR if the other can also support it. But the part in the xbox thread i've seen nothing being said about this unless i missed it?.

Unless your talking about the concessions Sony are meant to be looking for CoD?.

Around the Network

[Very Early in-dev] Horizon Forbidden West Leaked Alpha's Multiplayer : horizon (reddit.com)

So we have a leaked build of the Horizon MP game (seems like 2 and a half years old). While clearly this is an old build and the final look of the game will be different, I think we can all agree that this spinoff title will have a stylised look. Can't really comment on what is being shown in this vid because of how old it is , but it'll be cool to see what the final product will look like. And what type of co-op experience it ends up being. 

zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

And now a similar song is being sung on the Xbox thread, that Sony's contracts prevent developers from taking full advantage of Series X's computational advantage, blah blah blah.

Honestly thats not that bad. Why would one have HDR if the other can also support it. But the part in the xbox thread i've seen nothing being said about this unless i missed it?.

Unless your talking about the concessions Sony are meant to be looking for CoD?.

Xbox fans claimed that the "technical parity" clause on Sony's contracts would require developers to artificially limit the Xbox version so that it wouldn't be superior to the PS5 version in any way (including fps and resolution). Zhuge explained that this isn't what parity entailed, and used HDR as an example of what it did entail. Now we're seeing a repeat to that after someone from Microsoft's side (Frank Shaw) mentioned committing to "quality parity" for CoD games. They're either once again misinterpreting parity, or believing some bullshit Frank Shaw said that I couldn't find.

Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

Xbox fans claimed that the "technical parity" clause on Sony's contracts would require developers to artificially limit the Xbox version so that it wouldn't be superior to the PS5 version in any way (including fps and resolution). Zhuge explained that this isn't what parity entailed, and used HDR as an example of what it did entail. Now we're seeing a repeat to that after someone from Microsoft's side (Frank Shaw) mentioned committing to "quality parity" for CoD games. They're either once again misinterpreting parity, or believing some bullshit Frank Shaw said that I couldn't find.

Honestly i dont know. But yes i did read in the xbox thread that Sony is meant to be wanting Res and FPS the exact same on PS consoles as it is on xbox consoles. But that could just mean if the PS5 can run it like xbox version dont try gimping our version. Honestly the isnt much between the 2 consoles why any version of CoD should be gimped on one anyways.

Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

I dont get this post at all to be honest?. Maybe i just missed something?. who is saying this?.

It is the same legend that Xbox fanbase have been holding, without any proof show, based solely on allegations and hearsay that Sony signed contracts with devs that allow the game to be in all platforms but Xbox. Or the other one about Sony forbidding games to go to Gamepass.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:

Maybe they should do more of them remakes. 

Too bad it doesn't translate to many of their single player projects lol. Although, I'm not too sure what else I'd want to be remade from EA's catalog, aside from Mass Effect which I haven't played yet. 

PotentHerbs said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Too bad it doesn't translate to many of their single player projects lol. Although, I'm not too sure what else I'd want to be remade from EA's catalog, aside from Mass Effect which I haven't played yet. 

The Legendary Edition is decent enough for Mass Effect wise.

Command & Conqueror or Titanfall need a remake/reboot.

PotentHerbs said:
gooch_destroyer said:

For me personally, Burnout 3, Black and maybe SSX. 

God of War Ragnarok at 11 million in ~3 months.
Spider-man at 9 million in ~2.5 months. September 7th, 2018 - November 25th, 2018
Uncharted 4 was 8.7 million in ~7 months. May 10th, 2016 - December 21, 2016
God of War at 10 million in ~12 months. April 20th, 2018 - April 2019
Horizon at 7.6 million in ~12 months February 28th, 2017 - February 2018
Spider-man Miles Morales was 6.5 million in ~8 months November 12th, 2020 - July 28, 2021