By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

Honestly i dont understand this question?.

Edit: Reading over it I think i understand what your saying. But i wasnt replying to the other parts of your comment thats why i bolded the part about ABK. I was just stating PS didnt need CoD or ABK to become popular.

Sure PS didn't need CoD to be relevant (although we can't perfectly measure how much impact it becoming exclusive would have, and the other ABK titles, I sincerely think it won't be massive). I was just joking about the ABK PR person that tried to defend the ABK purchase based on TLOU series doing fine on TV as if it was related to the deal at all.

They're now constantly crying about Sony's competency and efficiency:

With Zenimax, you already got more relevant IP's, developers, and studios than Sony. It's on you if you can't make something out of them. What a clown show.

Around the Network

I was hoping that foveated rendering + FSR 2.0 would do absolute wonders in saving computational resources for PSVR2, but word has to that DLSS and FSR are both terrible for VR applications. This means foveated rendering will not be sufficient for more demanding current-gen games (that use FSR2 on a flat screen) to be easily ported on it. In a sense, FSR2 will cancel out foveated rendering rather than aiding it.

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

Honestly i dont understand this question?.

Edit: Reading over it I think i understand what your saying. But i wasnt replying to the other parts of your comment thats why i bolded the part about ABK. I was just stating PS didnt need CoD or ABK to become popular.

Sure PS didn't need CoD to be relevant (although we can't perfectly measure how much impact it becoming exclusive would have, and the other ABK titles, I sincerely think it won't be massive). I was just joking about the ABK PR person that tried to defend the ABK purchase based on TLOU series doing fine on TV as if it was related to the deal at all.

Yeah i got that part and it was a very silly thing for them, i mean when did TV shows start to = Video games. I still cant believe they even tried using that as a defense .

Kyuu said:

I was hoping that foveated rendering + FSR 2.0 would do absolute wonders in saving computational resources for PSVR2, but word has to that DLSS and FSR are both terrible for VR applications. This means foveated rendering will not be sufficient for more demanding current-gen games (that use FSR2 on a flat screen) to be easily ported on it. In a sense, FSR2 will cancel out foveated rendering rather than aiding it.

Yeah i tried DLSS with No Mans Sky in VR on PC back when it first came to it, I think it was the first VR game to allow using it so i wanted to see how it looked, and well the results wasnt what i would call great .

zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

Yeah i tried DLSS with No Mans Sky in VR on PC back when it first came to it, I think it was the first VR game to allow using it so i wanted to see how it looked, and well the results wasnt what i would call great .

Super bummed to hear :( I hope they'll improve the tech to the point of making it VR suitable on PC and future consoles. Would be a huge win for VR when complemented by foveated rendering.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

Super bummed to hear :( I hope they'll improve the tech to the point of making it VR suitable on PC and future consoles. Would be a huge win for VR when complemented by foveated rendering.

Yeah it would be great tech for Vr and more demanding games, id say we will get there at some point. Saying that i've not tried it in ages and the has been improvements to DLSS since then so it could be better now then when i tried it. Main issue was ghosting.

zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

Let's hope that wil DLSR 3 on the newer headsets and a game like RE8 the results are better =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It seems the CMA has offered a few remedies in order for the Activision/Blizzard deal to pass, one of which includes selling Call of Duty, divesting Activision, divesting Blizzard, etc.

In the case that some parts of Activision/Blizzard gets divested, I wonder how likely it would be for Sony to acquire some of the studios like Toys for Bob, and certain IP's like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. Sony getting some of their classic IP's back, as well as getting a legal agreement/contract for Call of Duty to release on PlayStation platforms for at least another decade, is one of the best outcomes for Sony. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 08 February 2023

PotentHerbs said:

It seems the CMA has offered a few remedies in order for the Activision/Blizzard deal to pass, one of which includes selling Call of Duty, divesting Activision, divesting Blizzard, etc.

In the case that some parts of Activision/Blizzard gets divested, I wonder how likely it would be for Sony to acquire some of the studios like Toys for Bob, and certain IP's like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. Sony getting some of their classic IP's back, as well as getting a legal agreement/contract for Call of Duty to release on PlayStation platforms for at least another decade, is one of the best outcomes for Sony. 

Sony played their part very smart in all this. For all the shit Jim Ryan takes, he's one hell of a executive. Also, can you imagine if Sony was able to buy the Crash ip from all this?  It would be well served to Greenberg for his Crash Twitter avatar from last year. 

Blood_Tears said:

Sony played their part very smart in all this. For all the shit Jim Ryan takes, he's one hell of a executive. Also, can you imagine if Sony was able to buy the Crash ip from all this?  It would be well served to Greenberg for his Crash Twitter avatar from last year. 

Greenberg already got served when Sony acquired Bungie. But seeing that dude eat even more crow would be priceless.