By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

PSVR2 eye tracking finally gets a brief demo:

Hopefully it's an effective feature that's more than just a gimmick.

Around the Network

I can get behind Sony having a major showcase every other year if their State of Plays remain at the level they are at. I feel like that is the best balance going forward with an occasional presence at major events like TGA.

Grubb mentions a February State of Play, and likely a genuine PS Showcase before June.  

the-pi-guy said:

Grubb mentions a February State of Play, and likely a genuine PS Showcase before June.  

It's logical. They'll probably want to centre the Silent Hill demo and Helldivers 2 around an SOP for more visibility. 

It's also extremely unlikely they even have anything else to announce for release from now until the beginning of July, save maybe TLoU2 DC edition. 

So there was a job listing at SIE:

"major AAA projects alongside our partners at studios such as Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Guerrilla Games, Firesprite, Ballistic Moon, London Studios, Housemarque, Media Molecule, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more!"

Among that list, one name sticks out in particular. 

Out of 10 studios, 9 are first party. 1 is Ballistic Moon, which Sony has been quiet about even working with.

Ballistic Moon is made up of devs from Supermassive who made Until Dawn. 

There was a leak from a resume from a voice actor I believe that said they were working with Sony. That's the only instance that a project has become known. Sony hasn't officially announced any kind of collaboration and or even publicly acknowledged the studio's existence aside from this job listing. 

Some are speculating that it might mean they are going to be acquired. (some are speculating it's already happened, but I'd say that's nonsense because Sony has to announce acquisitions; and they've never done a secret acquisition as far as I'm aware.). But maybe it's like that Sony Japan Twitter leaking the Bluepoint deal. 

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

So there was a job listing at SIE:

"major AAA projects alongside our partners at studios such as Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Guerrilla Games, Firesprite, Ballistic Moon, London Studios, Housemarque, Media Molecule, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more!"

Among that list, one name sticks out in particular. 

Out of 10 studios, 9 are first party. 1 is Ballistic Moon, which Sony has been quiet about even working with.

Ballistic Moon is made up of devs from Supermassive who made Until Dawn. 

There was a leak from a resume from a voice actor I believe that said they were working with Sony. That's the only instance that a project has become known. Sony hasn't officially announced any kind of collaboration and or even publicly acknowledged the studio's existence aside from this job listing. 

Some are speculating that it might mean they are going to be acquired. (some are speculating it's already happened, but I'd say that's nonsense because Sony has to announce acquisitions; and they've never done a secret acquisition as far as I'm aware.). But maybe it's like that Sony Japan Twitter leaking the Bluepoint deal. 

Until Dawn was a fairly competent title that gets the gap from Quantiq Dream opened (although I don't think they have reached same level), so Sony acquiring and nurturing Ballistic Moon is a great move imho.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'd like to see what Ballistic Moon is working on; whether an acquisition is in the works or not means little to me right now.

In other news, Seems like PS45 sales are really rocketing. Hardware is up, marketing for Hogwarts was a good move. Seems like Sony should be happy all the way into July.

On Amazon US best sellers, PS5DE (sold out) is ranked above the physical GoW bundle (in stock). We still have no idea how high the demand for the DE is but its potentially even higher than the standard edition. $500 to $400 is probably the most effective "pricedrop" and Sony is yet to take advantage of it.

Also pleasantly surprised to see PSVR2 doing consistently well on Amazon Japan. It could be my bias but I have a feeling that my optimistic 20 million PSVR2's sold lifetime will be exceeded.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 15 February 2023

Kyuu said:

On Amazon US best sellers, PS5DE (sold out) is ranked above the physical GoW bundle (in stock). We still have no idea how high the demand for the DE is but its potentially even higher than the standard edition. $500 to $400 is probably the most effective "pricedrop" and Sony is yet to take advantage of it.

Also pleasantly surprised to see PSVR2 doing consistently well on Amazon Japan. It could be my bias but I have a feeling that my optimistic 20 million PSVR2's sold lifetime will be exceeded.

I think 20M is optimistic, but would be happy with it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PS+ announcement

Extra:

Horizon Forbidden West

The Quarry

Resident Evil VII

Outriders

Scarlet Nexus

Borderlands 3

Tekken 7

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown