By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

With TloU1 and 2 sales seeing increases with the TV show (naturally), I'm surprised Sony hasn't done anything with the Twisted Metal series. There are 5 titles on PS1 (4 mainline, 1 spinoff) and releasing these not only increases profile of the IP going into the show, but also makes Ps Premium just a tiny little bit better than whatever it is now lol.

Around the Network
twintail said:

With TloU1 and 2 sales seeing increases with the TV show (naturally), I'm surprised Sony hasn't done anything with the Twisted Metal series. There are 5 titles on PS1 (4 mainline, 1 spinoff) and releasing these not only increases profile of the IP going into the show, but also makes Ps Premium just a tiny little bit better than whatever it is now lol.

I'm sure the next game will release around the same time as the TV show.

the-pi-guy said:
twintail said:

I dunno.  Maybe. I think TloU 1 Part 1 is more happenstance than anything calculated. And if Twisted Metal is a live service title as rumoured, I doubt Sony is going to release it any faster if it's not ready. 

But ideally it launches around if not after the show. I look forward to seeing what they have planned for the game. 

Can't wait for that Horizon tv show.

Still early in the game. Megaton Musashi reminds me of Gundam Breaker in a lot of ways. The story sections play like those in 13 Sentinels. lol the Mecha hangar is below a MEGA Arcade (the letter are stylized to look like SEGA however). Not knowing Japanese hasn't hindered me too much yet.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:

!00% if its anything like The Last of Us. But The Last of Us has the original developer and director on so hopefully sony will do something like that with Horizon too but it still doesnt mean they will be as good as the Duckman. He really has a knack for it, in less time he is doing something Kojima wished he could do and his doing it great. He really showed his stuff with that 2nd ep.

zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

But weren't you saying Sony selecting limited outlets to send codes would inflate the score? And isn't 720p for PC?

Sony didnt select anyone it was SE. And well you can see the first two reviews from who they selected . But i guess SE's idea of limiting who could review the game didnt pay off as they hoped or the ones giving it them scores got the game early other ways. Also Pc can play in any res so no it isnt exclusively 720P on PC unless you playing on really outdated hardware. And even then you could still play at 1080P but who knows what the frame rate would be like. But this is a shitty port overall. No game on PS5 should go this low its clearly not the hardware as the is much better looking games. This is an unoptimized POS

Or perhaps the reviewers really did review the game as they saw worth independent of any conspiracy theory reason for SE to not give codes to everyone?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:
the-pi-guy said:

I dunno.  Maybe. I think TloU 1 Part 1 is more happenstance than anything calculated. And if Twisted Metal is a live service title as rumoured, I doubt Sony is going to release it any faster if it's not ready. 

But ideally it launches around if not after the show. I look forward to seeing what they have planned for the game. 

I guess Sony could/will at least put out a remaster collection or something of the sort near the series release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

zero129 said:
gooch_destroyer said:

!00% if its anything like The Last of Us. But The Last of Us has the original developer and director on so hopefully sony will do something like that with Horizon too but it still doesnt mean they will be as good as the Duckman. He really has a knack for it, in less time he is doing something Kojima wished he could do and his doing it great. He really showed his stuff with that 2nd ep.

Neil Druckman have the full backing of Sony, Kojima still holds his independence so he needed to fend for himself and still got a proposition on the terms he wanted (he have refused AAA blockbuster funding to do a explosion heavy movie).

DonFerrari said:
zero129 said:

Sony didnt select anyone it was SE. And well you can see the first two reviews from who they selected . But i guess SE's idea of limiting who could review the game didnt pay off as they hoped or the ones giving it them scores got the game early other ways. Also Pc can play in any res so no it isnt exclusively 720P on PC unless you playing on really outdated hardware. And even then you could still play at 1080P but who knows what the frame rate would be like. But this is a shitty port overall. No game on PS5 should go this low its clearly not the hardware as the is much better looking games. This is an unoptimized POS

Or perhaps the reviewers really did review the game as they saw worth independent of any conspiracy theory reason for SE to not give codes to everyone?

How exactly does that disagree with what i said?. The game seems to be shit, the reviews clearly reviewed it as such. SE limiting who could review it didnt pay off for them. No where does your statement disagree with mine.