By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/silent-hill-the-short-message-rated-for-ps5-in-taiwan

I can see SH short message and Helldivers 2 being Q1 releases alongside Forspoken and MLB.

Around the Network

45 hours playing Elden Ring

I'm trying to clean the two first big regions, Limgrave and Liurnia of the Lakes, they are just too big, and with 45 hours I would be approaching the final chapters of a typical Dark Souls game (I think I've finished DS 3 with about 55 to 60 hours), but with Elden Ring, I feel like I've done at best 20% of what this game has to offer

Being able to switch between dungeons and open-world areas is refreshing, if I got sick of plain fields exploration I can just enter a legacy dungeon and have some fun with their perfectly designed levels

The lore of this game is far more interesting and fleshed out than any soulslike, for the first time I'm really engaged with the history, to the point I want to actively ask questions to the NPCs so I can get more answers, never happened before in a soulslike

I feel like I want to 100% this game, which also never happened before in a Souls game. This one has a much more forgiving approach, as you can explore and find good weapons, sorceries and upgrade levels until you feel confident to challenge the shardbears I feel confident to try to face every boss as long as I have proper planning. I'm trying to be REALLY mindful with my stats and weapons, choosing which ones are the perfect for each dungeon as now as a sorcerer I have tons of options, again this is new in a souls game, in Dark Souls I remember to have like 3 staffs to choose now I have 6 and I'm not even on mid-game, each one with a different scaling system and side effects that will enhance many of my dozens of sorceries

This is FIRST time I actually feel like playing an RPG instead of just an action game and this is very much appreciated by me

Graphics-wise, the game is just gorgeous. Art direction is 10/10, how can I describe the fake night sky on Siofra river? Whimsical maybe. Everything in the scenario screams "please, explore me" and this is exactly what I enjoy doing.

If I need to define Elden Ring, my words would be: Genre-defining. It set a new standard for open-world games, RPGs, and for action games. Congrats to FromSoftware, you just released the best game in the market.

Blood_Tears said:

A fellow Genkai enjoyer too. 

Oh what, I didnt realize you could buy the PS Premium classic titles separately through PSN.

Wishlisted Wild Arms 1 and Kingdom of Paradise.

Seems like Namco doesnt want that to be possible so Ridge Racer 2 or Tekken 2 cant be bought :(

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Oh what, I didnt realize you could buy the PS Premium classic titles separately through PSN.

Seems like Namco doesnt want that to be possible so Ridge Racer 2 or Tekken 2 cant be bought :(

Yes it's a shame that the Namco titles are exclusive to premium. It was a nice perk for Wild Arms as I bought that way back in December of 2007 on the PS3's PSN and I could just download it at no extra charge and start earning trophies for it when it relaunched on PS5.

So it appears there's some synergy between the old PS3 PSN database and the new PSN services which is a good start. It should also mean that if Sony brings other PS1 classics like Legend of Dragoon as an example they would also have no fee for existing owners of the PS3 digital storefront version.

Blood_Tears said:
BasilZero said:

Yes it's a shame that the Namco titles are exclusive to premium. It was a nice perk for Wild Arms as I bought that way back in December of 2007 on the PS3's PSN and I could just download it at no extra charge and start earning trophies for it when it relaunched on PS5.

So it appears there's some synergy between the old PS3 PSN database and the new PSN services which is a good start. It should also mean that if Sony brings other PS1 classics like Legend of Dragoon as an example they would also have no fee for existing owners of the PS3 digital storefront version.

Every Wild Arms games is a Premium would want more.

Blood_Tears said:

That would be great - I hope they release more titles like this.

The PSP game I want the most that belongs to Sony is Jeanne D' Arc - I hope it gets released again, would buy instantly.

Blood_Tears said:

They had one hell of a year, hopefully 2023 will be as big if not bigger.