By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Kyuu said:

Hyped for my first ever VR experience!

Congrats. 

Also I apologize in advance here, I'm sure you know already. I've probably even said it before.

VR has come a long way with regards to motion sickness, and PSVR2 might even be especially good in that regard. But I would give a little caution to be aware of that. Make sure to take a break if you don't feel as great. One thing that really helped me was having a fan running.

But still things have gotten a lot better. Between way better hardware and a lot of game design tricks that are being used today.

PSVR1 is fun, but it's very rough.

But PSVR2 should be genuinely a great experience.

Around the Network

Hello, I haven't been following the news too much but do we have any idea if the PS5 stockouts in 2023 will be resolved ?

CloudxTifa said:

Hello, I haven't been following the news too much but do we have any idea if the PS5 stockouts in 2023 will be resolved ?

Can't say will be solved, but greatly improved considering both Sony official statements and their projections.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Some general thoughts here:

The fact that Horizon FW's DLC is PS5 exclusive, seems like a strong indicator that Sony is greatly reducing PS4 support in the future, and I don't think I would expect many PS4/PS5 titles going forward.

PS5/PC titles on the other hand: I think live service titles will tend to be released on the same day.

I think Sony is kind of experimenting with shorter time differences on PC. We've already seen a game hit both platforms within 6 months.

It'd be interesting to see if that becomes the norm, we've already seen them drop from a 2 year target to a 1 year target.  

CloudxTifa said:

Stock is generally looking good for the future.

Grabbed OlliOlli World from the latest sale.

I honestly forgot about this game lol. But I can't wait to experience it! I'm loving what I see from the art style, charm, characters, and gameplay loop.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Some general thoughts here:

The fact that Horizon FW's DLC is PS5 exclusive, seems like a strong indicator that Sony is greatly reducing PS4 support in the future, and I don't think I would expect many PS4/PS5 titles going forward.

PS5/PC titles on the other hand: I think live service titles will tend to be released on the same day.

I think Sony is kind of experimenting with shorter time differences on PC. We've already seen a game hit both platforms within 6 months.

It'd be interesting to see if that becomes the norm, we've already seen them drop from a 2 year target to a 1 year target.  

CloudxTifa said:

Stock is generally looking good for the future.

If I had to bet I would say that GoW:R was the last major crossgen game from Sony and for the PC port I would say that besides GAAS that likely will be day one or very close to it the delay between PS5 and PC (that will be no less than 1 year per latest Sony's statement) will be base on how successful the title have been on PS5, games that have lower impact may be ported faster than ones that could be pulling more people to the system imho.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:
BasilZero said:

Big Holiday sale coming in on PSN tomorrow.

Its active on EU right now: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/12/20/the-holiday-sale-promotion-comes-to-playstation-store/

No KH3 remind? sad...

In EU? not sure

Its on sale on NA PSN for $17.99 (MSRP is $29.99).

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/kingdom-hearts-re-mind

the-pi-guy said:
Kyuu said:

Hyped for my first ever VR experience!

Congrats. 

Also I apologize in advance here, I'm sure you know already. I've probably even said it before.

VR has come a long way with regards to motion sickness, and PSVR2 might even be especially good in that regard. But I would give a little caution to be aware of that. Make sure to take a break if you don't feel as great. One thing that really helped me was having a fan running.

But still things have gotten a lot better. Between way better hardware and a lot of game design tricks that are being used today.

PSVR1 is fun, but it's very rough.

But PSVR2 should be genuinely a great experience.

Not at all, I appreciate the warning/advice and am coming prepared, Vornado and everything :P

I always believed that VR is the future of at least 1st person content. PSVR1 was out of the question to me for a long list of reasons and concerns led by the breakout box/cables hell. I was going to wait for the 3rd generation of true VR headsets (PSVR3 and similar) before jumping in. But apart from being tethered, PSVR2 is promising to almost be a couple generations ahead in a sense, so I think it's time I take a bite even if the technology wouldn't necessarily be utilized by many top developers until the 2030's. Hopefully Sony partly support it with a decent number of hybrid-games, published, developed, and funded, in a similar fashion to GT Sport and RE7/8. I'd be okay with not getting many great games that are designed from the ground up for VR (Astro Bot, Half Life Alyx etc), but the growth of standalone VR's like Quest, Pico, and whatever Apple is working on may accelerate that too.

I'm somewhat concerned about nausea and motion sickness, but even if I can't handle it well, it'll probably depend on the game and I'd like to think I'll manage to adapt.

Fun little fact: It's the first piece of technology (hardware) I will have bought at launch, and I've been gaming since the MSX and Mattel Aquarius home computers. Quite a feat for an expensive accessory lol.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 22 December 2022

Thank you.

BasilZero said:
twintail said:

No KH3 remind? sad...

In EU? not sure

Its on sale on NA PSN for $17.99 (MSRP is $29.99).

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/kingdom-hearts-re-mind

DAMN! +1

When I first looked it had not changed so I assumed it wasn't included. Thanks for letting me know! I'm 10 hours into Kh3 now and want the full experience!

Thanks!