By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Runa216 said:
twintail said:

This criticism about the gameplay being improved but feeling familiar and therefore less impactful than when experienced in the first game is just crazy to me.
Like I can't even understand that sort of criticism for any game at all (unless it was like game 5 with the same gameplay or something).

"It's more of the same but better"

I just don't see this as a problem. People WANT sequels with similar gameplay that's been tweaked and upgraded. Nobody bitches because 'the shooting mechanics in the latest Call of Duty feels unchanged", so why would they complain here? 

I agree with you but some of these reviews are making this a negative. 

Around the Network

111 reviews and Ragnarok is in the upper half of the 94's, not far below its predecessor. I imagine this is where it'll stay, though a move to 93 or 5 is still possible. Well done, Santa Monica. Not easy to live up to such a high standard.

TallSilhouette said:

111 reviews and Ragnarok is in the upper half of the 94's, not far below its predecessor. I imagine this is where it'll stay, though a move to 93 or 5 is still possible. Well done, Santa Monica. Not easy to live up to such a high standard.

I'd be willing to bet it ends up at 93. at least on Meta we haven't seen any troll reviews from notoriously extra-critical of sony publications like Stevior yet. granted, with 111 reviews, moving the needle at all at this point will be quite the task. Keep in mind the last one has 118 reviews total. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

Anyone else have God of War Ragnarok pre-loaded?

I got it pre ordered and downloading! 

So glad that we're mostly past the era of bullshots and downgrades.

Misleading vertical slices can still be a problem with some games, though.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

So glad that we're mostly past the era of bullshots and downgrades.

Misleading vertical slices can still be a problem with some games, though.

So no downgrading gate for GoW:R good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

gtotheunit91 said:

So should launch on q1 KKKK

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

What's everyone's expected GOTY Nominee list? I think we all collectively agree that it's a 2-horse race between Elden Ring and God of War, but what else would fill in the space for you, personally? and what do you think will get nommed?

I figure if it's 10 games, it'll look like this:

Elden Ring
God of War: Ragnarok
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Tunic
Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7
Bayonetta 3
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Cult of the Lamb
Kirby and the Forgotten Land

And if it's less than that, I really don't know. I like that the game awards include indies too, so I do hope Tunic and Cult of the Lamb are in there. TMNT was special to me but I could see it, Gran Turismo, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 being cut out (Even though XC3 has some of the best reviews of the year; Generally speaking I don't recall a lot of JRPGs outside FF really doing that well.)

so if I had to refine it down to 5:

Elden Ring
God of War
Cult of the Lamb
Horizon: Forbidden West
Kirby and the forgotten Lands

Something about the sheer cultural attention Cult of the Lamb has gotten makes me think it's a shoe-in. I personally thought Tunic was better but sometimes you gotta go with public perception. same reason I have Kirby in there; back at launch it was getting a lot of well-deserved praise and reception (Even though I never played it.)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Very sadly I've only played one 2022 game this year so far. Been catching up on older games. (Dark Souls, Mass Effect). 

Was planning to play Horizon at launch but other games took precedence for me. (Wanted to finish Dark Souls 2 before Elden Ring launched.)

Did play Elden Ring at launch. 

Currently working on finishing God of War, should be done in time for Ragnarok.