By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Runa216 said:

What's everyone's expected GOTY Nominee list? I think we all collectively agree that it's a 2-horse race between Elden Ring and God of War, but what else would fill in the space for you, personally? and what do you think will get nommed?

I figure if it's 10 games, it'll look like this:

Elden Ring
God of War: Ragnarok
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Tunic
Horizon Forbidden West
Gran Turismo 7
Bayonetta 3
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Cult of the Lamb
Kirby and the Forgotten Land

And if it's less than that, I really don't know. I like that the game awards include indies too, so I do hope Tunic and Cult of the Lamb are in there. TMNT was special to me but I could see it, Gran Turismo, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 being cut out (Even though XC3 has some of the best reviews of the year; Generally speaking I don't recall a lot of JRPGs outside FF really doing that well.)

so if I had to refine it down to 5:

Elden Ring
God of War
Cult of the Lamb
Horizon: Forbidden West
Kirby and the forgotten Lands

Something about the sheer cultural attention Cult of the Lamb has gotten makes me think it's a shoe-in. I personally thought Tunic was better but sometimes you gotta go with public perception. same reason I have Kirby in there; back at launch it was getting a lot of well-deserved praise and reception (Even though I never played it.)

Your list is very strong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

With GoWR upon us, I was really thinking how awesome it would be if Sony used the MP from GoW Ascension for a new PS All Stars Battle Royale.

I think with some refinement, the overall system would work really well, with an Adventure mode that would give off old skool GoW vibes.

twintail said:

With GoWR upon us, I was really thinking how awesome it would be if Sony used the MP from GoW Ascension for a new PS All Stars Battle Royale.

I think with some refinement, the overall system would work really well, with an Adventure mode that would give off old skool GoW vibes.

I'm all in for a new PS All Stars.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

This flew under the radar due to the release of Ragnarok but this would be pretty insane! 

I've always heard of how painfully grindy South Korean MMO's are, but the thought of a Horizon MMORPG is an exciting one.

Sony has reportedly partnered with NCSoft to make a Horizon MMORPG | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

gtotheunit91 said:

This flew under the radar due to the release of Ragnarok but this would be pretty insane! 

I've always heard of how painfully grindy South Korean MMO's are, but the thought of a Horizon MMORPG is an exciting one.

Sony has reportedly partnered with NCSoft to make a Horizon MMORPG | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

eh... I dunno. 

Co-op Horizon is all ppl want. But I'll wait to see what this actually is when it materialises. I'm assuming this is the rumoured MP title. 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Not that interested in MMO, but since there is a market why not.

DonFerrari said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Not that interested in MMO, but since there is a market why not.

I definitely don't have the time for MMO's as I used to BUT, it would create a nice area for Sony that would cover arguably two of their biggest first-party weaknesses, Multiplayer and RPG. 

This definitely will add some to the silly "GoW Ragnarok looks the same" argument, but for me, it just shows how insanely optimized Santa Monica's in-house engine is to release such a high-quality game that it doesn't matter if you're on a 9 year-old console or a 2 year-old console, you're going to get a high-quality experience with very little in terms of compromises. 

This, to me, is an amazing accomplishment! Can't wait to pick up my copy later today.

Personally not bothered if Ragnarok isn't a huge improvement visually.

GoW 2018 is already a gorgeous game. I would say it does have some consistency issues visually, but at it's best, it is pretty darn good.

the-pi-guy said:

Personally not bothered if Ragnarok isn't a huge improvement visually.

GoW 2018 is already a gorgeous game. I would say it does have some consistency issues visually, but at it's best, it is pretty darn good.

Playing it on PC earlier this year, you couldn't tell me it wasn't a game from 2022. So if Ragnarök is able to add a few more bells and whistles while taking advantage of the more powerful hardware with the huge bump in resolution and framerate, that's a huge win for me. 

I'll definitely have to double dip when/if it releases on PC.