By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Awesome news! Yakuza Kiwami (the first Yakuza-Game) is probably free for PS+ members in November!

This is a great opportunity for all newcomers and Japan-fans to experience this wonderful series of games :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 07 October 2018

Around the Network

Possible PS5 news:

Sony filed a patent that has been made public on October 2, 2018. The name of the patent is "Remastering by Emulation" and the abstract says the following:

"Each asset such as a texture called for by legacy software such as a legacy computer game software has a unique identifier associated with it. The unique identifier can be rendered by imposing a hash on the asset, and then the asset stored with its identifier in a data structure. An artist remasters the textures for presentation on a higher resolution display than envisioned in the original software, and stores them back in the data structure with their identifiers. The original software is then played on the higher resolution display, with asset (such as texture) calls being intercepted, identified, and the data structure entered to retrieve the remastered asset having a matching identifier. The remastered asset is then inserted on the fly into the game presentation."

Another patent was published on September 27, 2018, which seems to be about freesync or variable refresh rate (VRR):

"In order to send the rendered frames to the display, the images in the frame buffer are typically scanned out line by line and transferred serially (in sequence) over some video interface to the display device. During scanout, certain “invisible ” signals are generated to govern the transfer process, so that what is actually transferred to the display device for each frame that is output from the frame buffer, referred to herein as an “output frame,” includes not only the visible pixel values of the frame’s image, but other external signals which may be used by the display device to resolve how the received frame is displayed on the screen. This typically includes, among other things, a vertical synchronization signal that is pulsed between each scanned out frame image. The period of time between each scanned out frame image, i.e., between the last line or pixel of one frame image and the first line or pixel of the subsequent frame’s image, is known as the “vertical blanking interval.” This vertical blanking interval is generated as part of the scanout process, and this vertical synchronization pulse used for synchronization between graphics source and display."

Smartie900 said:
Bristow9091 said:
So I've just finished Spider-Man and I can't really think of what to say about it other than... wow.

It's honestly my favorite superhero game alongside Arkham City. At times.... this one is even more fun than that.

Spiderman is good. I'll give you that much. But its not Batman Arkham City. Here are my top 5 favourite superhero games:

1. Batman Arkham City

2. Infamous 2

3. Batman Arkham Asylum

4. Infamous Second Son

5. Spiderman

God Eater 3 is coming 2019 in the west. It has dual audio in the west :)

Just bought Spider-Man this past Friday and spent the whole weekend playing it. Honestly, I don't know how I can ever go back to the other Spider-Man games after this one. Sooo damn good!

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
Just bought Spider-Man this past Friday and spent the whole weekend playing it. Honestly, I don't know how I can ever go back to the other Spider-Man games after this one. Sooo damn good!

So true :) i understand you, its really fantastic.  Have fun  = )

Bristow9091 said:

Welcome to the
Definitive Edition of Playstation Nation!

I have a suggestion for a recent thread-headline:

PlayStation Nation: Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming! Yakuza Kiwami is free for PS+ Members next month. Only if you or the others like ^^ For me personally, both infos are big.

PS: The Japanese rock band "[Alexandros]" sings the main-song for the new game of the Yakuza-developers: "Judges Eyes" :)

Resonance of Fate 4K/HD Edition: Details on the Upcoming Remaster - PlayStation Blog

"This was a challenging project for us since not only did we remaster it as an HD version, but we fully committed to taking it to 4K resolution. In order to make the pre-rendered movies 4K, we had to utilize ‘deep learning’ our proprietary technology in order to up-rez. We also strived to maintain 60 frames per second at 4K resolution."

"We also fixed made sure to fix some old bugs and improved the load times to make for a better game playing experience. It’s a remaster that still has over 100 hours of gameplay with a dynamic engaging battle system that we hope you’ll enjoy. We’ve enjoyed remastering a game that allows players to have their own play style, customization and ingenuity to get through the game."

Bristow9091 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

I have a suggestion for a recent thread-headline:

PlayStation Nation: Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming! Yakuza Kiwami is free for PS+ Members next month. Only if you or the others like ^^ For me personally, both infos are big.

PS: The Japanese rock band "[Alexandros]" sings the main-song for the new game of the Yakuza-developers: "Judges Eyes" :)

I appreciate the suggestion, and since it's the first we've had so far, I'll honor it and change the headline and even put up a new poll tomorrow since this one has been going a while now, lol. I really need to get on top of things in here but I'm going through such a busy period right now lol, it's nice to have you helping out and posting stuff too though, so keep that up for sure!

No problem! The Real life is hard enough, so do not stress yourself :) A new poll sounds good :)

ps. Thanks for the nice words.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/09/sony-is-officially-working-on-a-next-gen-console

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 09 October 2018