By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Spade said:

Finally got my PS5, had to sign up on Gamestop with their exclusive membership. $800 plus bundle, but so far very worth it. Love the controller. I first thought the dualsense would just be like the Xbox's triggers, so I wasn't that hyped about it. I was definitely wrong about that, just by playing a little big of Astro Playroom it's very different. Bundle came with Miles Morales, and Ratchet; second controller, PS+ as well. Two of the games I wanted most on PS5. Also picked up Nep Nep. Will soon pickup Ghost of Sushi and FF 7R. Need to round out my PS4 collection with Trails 4, and Nocturne. Just platted Ys 9 hours ago. Amazing game and worth a pickup.

So far really enjoying the PS5. It's very big, UI is clean and fast, controller I really enjoy. Will be using it as my exclusive console going forward. Upcoming games I'm looking forward to are Sushi as I never played it on PS4, and Kena. Not sure what else is launching this year, but PS4 was IMO the best console last gen just by looking back at the sheer amount of just exclusives I bought on it. Even though I preferred Xbox.

Will definitely need to play more PS5 games to really test thing thing on loading screens. Ys 9 being the first game played on the system, it was barely noticeable. Moving to Persona Strikers next. Honestly can't think of anything I dislike about the console so far. Very excited for Persona announcements next month, and for more bangers on PS5.

Grats, you're in for a treat. Be sure to download (and play) God of War if you haven't done so yet. Such an amazing game and made even better playing on PS5.

Around the Network
hinch said:
Spade said:

Finally got my PS5, had to sign up on Gamestop with their exclusive membership. $800 plus bundle, but so far very worth it. Love the controller. I first thought the dualsense would just be like the Xbox's triggers, so I wasn't that hyped about it. I was definitely wrong about that, just by playing a little big of Astro Playroom it's very different. Bundle came with Miles Morales, and Ratchet; second controller, PS+ as well. Two of the games I wanted most on PS5. Also picked up Nep Nep. Will soon pickup Ghost of Sushi and FF 7R. Need to round out my PS4 collection with Trails 4, and Nocturne. Just platted Ys 9 hours ago. Amazing game and worth a pickup.

So far really enjoying the PS5. It's very big, UI is clean and fast, controller I really enjoy. Will be using it as my exclusive console going forward. Upcoming games I'm looking forward to are Sushi as I never played it on PS4, and Kena. Not sure what else is launching this year, but PS4 was IMO the best console last gen just by looking back at the sheer amount of just exclusives I bought on it. Even though I preferred Xbox.

Will definitely need to play more PS5 games to really test thing thing on loading screens. Ys 9 being the first game played on the system, it was barely noticeable. Moving to Persona Strikers next. Honestly can't think of anything I dislike about the console so far. Very excited for Persona announcements next month, and for more bangers on PS5.

Grats, you're in for a treat. Be sure to download (and play) God of War if you haven't done so yet. Such an amazing game and made even better playing on PS5.

God of War, Days Gone, ghost of Tsushima (if they don't just go ahead and get the PS5 version), and so many others. I love that the architecture of PS5 is so close to Ps4, so upscaling and performance enhancing require relatively little work compared to full ports or remasters. Even PS4 games that don't get PS5 upgrades still perform better on the system and that makes me happy. 

Oh, and Dark Souls 3 is CRISP as a fall apple on PS5. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Spade said:
WoodenPints said:

Damn $800+ bundle you be splashing that cash around son! I'm fairly sure Ys IX didn't get any PS5 optimisations just a boost in resolution up to 4K if launched on a PS5 so you will have some increase in loading but not the full boost optimised games get. The only game I specifically tested myself out of curiosity was FFXIV with the PS4 version on PS5 taking 6-7 seconds to load between areas and the version designed for PS5 is 2-3 seconds whilst having much higher graphical settings.

Oh wow, so it wasn't even optimized. Very excited to see the PS5 games' loading screen. I doubt Neptunia (lol) would be optimized or Strikers for that matter. I know you loved Ys 8. I think I enjoyed Ys 8 a little more just for the story. But Ys 9 has a wonderful cast IMO. 

Yeah I plan to get Ys IX eventually been waiting for a price drop but it hasn't arrived yet and it's hard to justify buying anything at MSRP when I have hundred of games in the backlog/replay pile but when it drops to that $30-40 range I'll snap it up and sit it on the shelf next to the other Ys games and let it gather dust until I eventually get around to it....

Runa216 said:
hinch said:

God of War, Days Gone, ghost of Tsushima (if they don't just go ahead and get the PS5 version), and so many others. I love that the architecture of PS5 is so close to Ps4, so upscaling and performance enhancing require relatively little work compared to full ports or remasters. Even PS4 games that don't get PS5 upgrades still perform better on the system and that makes me happy. 

Totally. Not yet got around to playing GoT (still need to buy the game!). But yeah Sony's up-scaling is top notch and having them running at 60fps is a night and day difference compared to playing the originals on PS4. Like I legitimately can't go back to playing at 30 and low res, it kind makes me feel a bit nauseous. Also games which had performance issues like The Last Guardian now runs like a dream.

Nice, not got that yet but I'm might pick it up. The only games I'm really waiting on getting a patch are Bloodborne and UC4.

hinch said:
Runa216 said:

Totally. Not yet got around to playing GoT (still need to buy the game!). But yeah Sony's up-scaling is top notch and having them running at 60fps is a night and day difference compared to playing the originals on PS4. Like I legitimately can't go back to playing at 30 and low res, it kind makes me feel a bit nauseous. Also games which had performance issues like The Last Guardian now runs like a dream.

Nice, not got that yet but I'm might pick it up. The only games I'm really waiting on getting a patch are Bloodborne and UC4.

oh man, I would re-buy Bloodborne at full price if we got a remake! (It's my favourite game aside from a handful of nostalgia-bait SNES games). I've gone through it like 20 times by now and somehow I'ms till not bored. I pick it up every few months just to run it again or introduce a new friend to it. Souls games have been remarkably good for that, and I look to never have that go away. 

I like Souls so much that I'm playing Dark Souls II again, just to give it another chance after hating it! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Before I hop back into Tsushima to play Iki island and finish the main story, figured I'd share my screenshots from the second third of the game:

Looking forward to the views on Iki.

Horizon Zero Dawn updated on PS5 to run @ 4K (checkerboard) /60fps.

hinch said:

Horizon Zero Dawn updated on PS5 to run @ 4K (checkerboard) /60fps.

I though they would be able to make it native, but well perhaps they upped other parts of the graphic pipeline. Or 60fps was more demanding than expected. Anyway for some titles we hardly see the difference when the checkerboard is well done.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'd assume its just easier for them to unlock framerate and cap at 60 and be done with it. In any case the free update is highly welcome :)

I'll probably start my playthrough now.. alongside 3 other games lol.

hinch said:

I'd assume its just easier for them to unlock framerate and cap at 60 and be done with it. In any case the free update is highly welcome :)

I'll probably start my playthrough now.. alongside 3 other games lol.

unlock res you mean?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."