By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

hinch said:

London Studio hiring for a new IP set for PS5. Article via Push Square.

[ Roles include the likes of artists, graphics programmers, and animators – but there are also a couple of references to multiplayer. “We are really excited to open this hire for an experienced Online Gameplay Designer because it’s a role of crucial importance to the new PS5 project we are working on at London Studio,” one listing reads.

The post also explains that “as a first-party studio, we set out to produce games which show the exciting potential of the latest PlayStation hardware, so it’s important you are up for experimenting and working in uncharted design territory”. ]

Fyi these are the guys behind The Getaway back in the PS2 days. It'll be interesting what they cook up. I'm hoping for another Getaway type game, since Rockstar are not doing FA with GTA atm.

B-b-b-but according to Jason Schreier sony isn't investing in new IP....

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

It’s astonishing how the rumours, especially the “bad” ones related to Sony, get out of proportion here in VGC.

Rumours are rumours until something is confirmed.

Remember that one about PS5 having problems running RE Village at 1080p and 30fps? Then Capcom revealed PS4/Xbone versions.

Also “insiders” like David Jaffe “confirming” that Sony would reveal the PS5 back in February 2020.

But is not surprising, I’ve seen a lot of bashing WW regarding Sony.

What are you guys talking about.. Jimbo is the Devil and PlayStation is doomed

One thing I am kinda cheesed off about the PS5 is the expansion (or lack there off).. we're almost half a year from launch and the internal expansion still isn't a thing! My PS5 is in desperate need of space for games.

hinch said:

One thing I am kinda cheesed off about the PS5 is the expansion (or lack there off).. we're almost half a year from launch and the internal expansion still isn't a thing! My PS5 is in desperate need of space for games.

That's really the only 'problem' I have with the Ps5 at this point. That and that it sometimes goes wonky when dealing with my external hard drive. The game upgrades and the exclusive games lineup for the first year has, in my opinion, been fantastic. like, for a first year console, I own like 20 something games, many of which are truly fantastic (Nioh 1/2, Demon's Souls, spider-Man, etc). And that's before we even get Ratchet & Clank, Horizon, Kena, and Resident Evil. 

Seriously, Sony's doing fine. All the bad press lately has been, like, really dumb. Every time I see something coming out, I can't help but roll my eyes. Shutting down Vita/PS3 stores makes sense, the mention of not investing in new IP is stupid considering they're investing in the MOST new IP of the big three console manufacturers, they've got the most varied and diverse lineup of the three, the PS5 is awesome. It's just silly how much press I'm seeing about how sony is failing and Microsoft is kicking ass and I can't help but facepalm. 

And it's not just here. I see it on youtube and reddit and twitter, too. Hell, even my sister is trying to sell me on GamePass (For PC; she hates Xbox, too). 

Sony has found success even in their lowest of times when it comes to home consoles. they've dominated the market 3/4 of the previous console generations, resulting in four of the top five highest selling home consoles of all time. They're doing fine. They will continue to do fine, and after how well the PS4 did I have every reason to believe momentum is on their side. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

hinch said:

London Studio hiring for a new IP set for PS5. Article via Push Square.

[ Roles include the likes of artists, graphics programmers, and animators – but there are also a couple of references to multiplayer. “We are really excited to open this hire for an experienced Online Gameplay Designer because it’s a role of crucial importance to the new PS5 project we are working on at London Studio,” one listing reads.

The post also explains that “as a first-party studio, we set out to produce games which show the exciting potential of the latest PlayStation hardware, so it’s important you are up for experimenting and working in uncharted design territory”. ]

Fyi these are the guys behind The Getaway back in the PS2 days. It'll be interesting what they cook up. I'm hoping for another Getaway type game, since Rockstar are not doing FA with GTA atm.

Must be a lie since isn`t allowing new IPs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
hinch said:

My understand from the months before release was that it would be like one year after launch that we would get expansion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

For the life of me I still can't believe the game was ever greenlit in the first place considering how Sony already had TLOU. I'd rather see Bend work on a more original new IP.

Bandorr said:

The days gone thing is just weird to me.
That's a game I heard little about when it first came out. Mostly negative comments. The meta critic is at 71 so almost in the sixties.
They add content, update it, release a patch, discount it, AND add it to PS+ collection and suddenly the lack of a sequel is the worst thing Sony has done?

The sequel was pitched the same year it came out right? Without the changes, the patches, the updates, and the poor reviews and reception?

Yes, but it’s Sony, they’re doomed and Jimbo is the devil like someone said above. All I heard about that game was thinks like “Bugs Gone” or another generic third person shooter from Sony. 

They had games like Predator hunting grounds or dawn of fear last year, both slashed by the media, the year before (2019), they released the remake of Medievil and Concrete Genie, again, both slashed by the media.

It’s hard to believe, but there are Millions of people still waiting on reviews from metacritic to buy or not buy a game. 

And is not going to get better since the catastrophic event that happened on December 10 2020. 

TallSilhouette said:

For the life of me I still can't believe the game was ever greenlit in the first place considering how Sony already had TLOU. I'd rather see Bend work on a more original new IP.

My thoughts exactly! So happy that 2 isn't happening lol.

Really hoping they make something that stands out

BraLoD said:

We should all riot and protest so Sony changes TLoU Remake into TLoD Remake, as it should have always been.

Btw funny that the two best games ever are set apart from a single letter on their initials.

Considering the TLOU remaster is already good enough and can be played on PS5 it certainly makes more sense to make LOD remake kkk.