By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guild Wars 2 Writer Fired Over being a complete idiot on twitter, Gaming "press" defends her xD

What a wench, well deserved.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
jason1637 said:

What? Are you seriously  saying Bin Laden deserves to live? Dude deserved to die in the worst way imaginable. He was a horrible human.

And still a human. That's why he deserved to live and rot in jail. Basically the idea that some humans don't deserve to live is what made Bin Laden a horrible human.

Bin Laden doesn't deserve to be called human. He's just trash piece of shit.

ResetEra has yet another thread about this. The last two were locked. In both of those threads the posters were actually mostly FOR her being fired. Not surprisingly, the mods there locked those two threads. Can't have those kinds of opinions floating around. Let's see how long this third thread lasts since it's pretty much the same thing. A few people defending her like she did nothing wrong and it's all those horrible "alt-right GamerGate woman-hating MANS!" and the majority saying she was a bitch who got what she deserved. She must be incredibly ignorant to not understand how acting that way towards customers and partners can get you shitcanned.

The worst of it is ... she's in showbusiness now. She'll be all over the media playing the martyr. Being sacked will be the best thing that ever happened to her, but the guy who got sacked with her ... well, he's finished, and he didn't even do much to deserve it.

Sordel said:
The worst of it is ... she's in showbusiness now. She'll be all over the media playing the martyr. Being sacked will be the best thing that ever happened to her, but the guy who got sacked with her ... well, he's finished, and he didn't even do much to deserve it.

The internet never forgets. She won't be able to cover up that stain. No matter where she goes there will be people eager to remind everyone what really happened. Where exactly did she land a job at now? Hey, at least she's out of the gaming industry now.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Mnementh said:

And still a human. That's why he deserved to live and rot in jail. Basically the idea that some humans don't deserve to live is what made Bin Laden a horrible human.

Bin Laden doesn't deserve to be called human. He's just trash piece of shit.

Well, that's just simply hate ideology. Following such makes yourself not a good person. But whatever, I'm not your parents. Decide how you live, live with the results.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I usually don't think something like a single bad moment(s) should be enough to get someone immediately fired (depending on what is said/the situation is) since everyone makes mistakes and says dumb things at times and the circumstances can be wildly different each time, and sometimes I think it's easy for some to forget that these are people's livelihoods, but at the same time it shouldn't surprise anyone when it does happen, it's completely understandable. If an employer thinks that someone they hired is doing/saying things that may not look good on them they are not going to like that. That's just the way it goes, but I think context is absolutely important too. 

While her response was hostile, she had mentioned that she's had to deal with people who try to tell her how to do her job and such all the time which sucks, so it's possible she thought this was another one of those situations upon which I think her reaction could make sense because at some people people get tired of shit, but it doesn't mean I think the person deserved it either though since he was trying to be respectful and genuine about what he wanted to say.

I'm not sure I agree about the other person being fired though. He came to her defense, but I don't think he was attacking anyone like she did. 

Edit: I'm editing this comment to rewrite it as to accurately portray what I meant to say at the time, as my original post was poorly worded. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 13 August 2021

Raven722 said:
ResetEra has yet another thread about this. The last two were locked. In both of those threads the posters were actually mostly FOR her being fired. Not surprisingly, the mods there locked those two threads. Can't have those kinds of opinions floating around. Let's see how long this third thread lasts since it's pretty much the same thing. A few people defending her like she did nothing wrong and it's all those horrible "alt-right GamerGate woman-hating MANS!" and the majority saying she was a bitch who got what she deserved. She must be incredibly ignorant to not understand how acting that way towards customers and partners can get you shitcanned.

Cause apparently, it's all GamerGate and the Twitter Russian bots' faults

Not surprised she got fired. Yeah it sucks but it seems she brought it upon herself with the amount of hate she has.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I made a reply o reset era, watch me get moderated there xD

The site is pretty toxic. You will be modded almost always. People will always put words in your mouth too. Anything there is considered trolling. The list goes on.