By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guild Wars 2 Writer Fired Over being a complete idiot on twitter, Gaming "press" defends her xD

flashfire926 said:
John2290 said:
Anyone who hires this woman, I will instantly boycott.

same here.

Third. She's insufferable.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

There's two sides to every story. I'm sure once I read through everything on both sides with the proper context I'll find that--oh no. Oh no, no. How do you talk about how sexism is wrong and then use terms like "manfeelings" or whatever it is she wrote. What a terrible person.

Immersiveunreality said:
Machiavellian said:

LOL, men has used their dick as a shield or just being a man in general as well.  I even saw defense of Kamiya as if "Its Kamiya" says it all.  The only difference I see here is what excuse people accept when a person they do not care for gets fired over someone they like.  If you liked this woman and knew her, you might have a totally different stance.  I personally am not defending her or her actions, I just believe its tiring to see riled up over someone being an ass then want them being fired.  No chance or remorse from the public outcry just the AX as if that can never be you one day.  Well, I know how easy it is to get the AX for the most simple of things you say on the net.

Bad comparison,Kamiya is representing his own company and the woman is representing the company she works for.

I am comparing people attitude towards Kamiya.  Because people like him and his work, you see way more excuses for his actions then this woman.  I see this alot where people get on one side or the other based on what they feel concerning a person not what comes out of their mouth or twitter feed.  Even if its Kamiya own company he still represent it and though he probably cannot be fired, people seem to be way more quick to pass on his actions.  

Mnementh said:
Darc Requiem said:

2. You don't seem top have followed the whole story.  She was directly discussing her work and the difficulty in creating an interesting PC in an MMO environment. She didn't get hacked she posted this for the world to see on Twitter. Both she and Mr. Fries seemed to be under the false impression that posting something to a personal Twitter account is "private". I've never thought in 2018, someone would be so naive.

She has more than 10K followers on Twitter. That is in no way a private conversation.

I know, but apparently it's news to them.

Azuren said:
Machiavellian said: 

Actually no. It's me acknowledging one situation is not like the other. First of all, the company is a large part his, and he is the brand. He can't damage his brand unless he is being blatantly sexist or racist, which he has never been to my knowledge. Price, on the other hand, made public assumptions that someone who also represents the brand is a sexist and put him on blast as such. Being a grumpy and unpleasant individual is not the same as being a gender-baiting misandrist.

I don't think her image would have been conducive to Disney. Maybe if the comment she made was a little more vague, but it was too obvious to argue.

Now let me ask you this: do you think she would have apologized if given that opportunity? Or do you think, given her actions surrounding all of this, she would have played a victim card and gone to the shill media with a sob story?

And you can't conflate every negative thing said online with things like bigotry.

No clue if she would have apologize but since she never got the opportunity we will never know.  Maybe a colleague would have explained to her that her behavior was really unacceptable no matter the mood she was in when she started to who BS.  In the end, it's really not worth it to interact with your customers and fans to much unless as you all say you own your own business.  The reason i say this is because for every 1 decent person you have 2 that will be an ass.  Some people can deal with it and some cannot.  Some get triggered by any little thing and this woman definitely is in that same boat.  

The crazy thing is, this woman has been this way for a long time and she has gone off on people on her twitter account before.  She has 10K followers so its not like her personally is something new or different.  If anything, people subscribe to this woman for exactly how she act.  Even after this event I notice she still have a huge following.  While this seems to be a case where outside people got riled up on reddit for her actions, it appears to be the norm and who she is.  Meaning if you follow and listen to this woman you get what you pay for.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Azuren said:

Actually no. It's me acknowledging one situation is not like the other. First of all, the company is a large part his, and he is the brand. He can't damage his brand unless he is being blatantly sexist or racist, which he has never been to my knowledge. Price, on the other hand, made public assumptions that someone who also represents the brand is a sexist and put him on blast as such. Being a grumpy and unpleasant individual is not the same as being a gender-baiting misandrist.

I don't think her image would have been conducive to Disney. Maybe if the comment she made was a little more vague, but it was too obvious to argue.

Now let me ask you this: do you think she would have apologized if given that opportunity? Or do you think, given her actions surrounding all of this, she would have played a victim card and gone to the shill media with a sob story?

And you can't conflate every negative thing said online with things like bigotry.

No clue if she would have apologize but since she never got the opportunity we will never know.  Maybe a colleague would have explained to her that her behavior was really unacceptable no matter the mood she was in when she started to who BS.  In the end, it's really not worth it to interact with your customers and fans to much unless as you all say you own your own business.  The reason i say this is because for every 1 decent person you have 2 that will be an ass.  Some people can deal with it and some cannot.  Some get triggered by any little thing and this woman definitely is in that same boat.  

The crazy thing is, this woman has been this way for a long time and she has gone off on people on her twitter account before.  She has 10K followers so its not like her personally is something new or different.  If anything, people subscribe to this woman for exactly how she act.  Even after this event I notice she still have a huge following.  While this seems to be a case where outside people got riled up on reddit for her actions, it appears to be the norm and who she is.  Meaning if you follow and listen to this woman you get what you pay for.

The guy she went off on was huge fan of hers. That is the ironic thing about it. He was on his stream a few days before this happened singing her praises. She eviscerated a fan.

Machiavellian said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Bad comparison,Kamiya is representing his own company and the woman is representing the company she works for.

I am comparing people attitude towards Kamiya.  Because people like him and his work, you see way more excuses for his actions then this woman.  I see this alot where people get on one side or the other based on what they feel concerning a person not what comes out of their mouth or twitter feed.  Even if its Kamiya own company he still represent it and though he probably cannot be fired, people seem to be way more quick to pass on his actions.  

Offcourse he has way more excuses, firstly he isnt nearly as spoiled as the woman and he actually is talented and secondly its his own company he is bringing down when he goes against fans and Kamiya doesnt do that nearly as often as the woman, no he can take grounded critique.

People seem way more quick to pass on his actions because he mostly makes a point even when he is rude and the woman just acts like an extremist sexist, that's also a difference.

Whats your point of this narrative?Make another thread for bad comparisons or so but do not excuse bad behaviour by others bad behaviour.

Darc Requiem said:
Machiavellian said:

The guy she went off on was huge fan of hers. That is the ironic thing about it. He was on his stream a few days before this happened singing her praises. She eviscerated a fan.

That is what I am talking about.  How can you be a huge fan of this woman and not know how she act.  It's even in her bio that on her twitter account.  The more I think about it the more I have to believe that it's even more BS on all parties.  It's like going to a restaurant that advertise that they will treat you like crap and then you get pissed off because they treated you like crap.  As many have said this woman has been this way for a long time with the same type of personality and triggered responses.  If that is the case and this is a fan who takes the time to subscribe and following someone like that, why would you even get offended if she acts the way she normally do.  Its like the old take with the scorpion and the frog.  If you know the nature of the animal you are working with why would you expect anything different.  Its not like he was on Arenanet forum and she went ballistic on him.

Machiavellian said:

That is what I am talking about.  How can you be a huge fan of this woman and not know how she act.  It's even in her bio that on her twitter account.  The more I think about it the more I have to believe that it's even more BS on all parties.  It's like going to a restaurant that advertise that they will treat you like crap and then you get pissed off because they treated you like crap.  As many have said this woman has been this way for a long time with the same type of personality and triggered responses.  If that is the case and this is a fan who takes the time to subscribe and following someone like that, why would you even get offended if she acts the way she normally do.  Its like the old take with the scorpion and the frog.  If you know the nature of the animal you are working with why would you expect anything different.  Its not like he was on Arenanet forum and she went ballistic on him.

Actually, no. From what former co-workers said, Price is actually a pretty good writer. Hiring her is almost like a team signing a very talented athlete, though that athlete also has character concerns. Employers take these types of risks sometimes because they think the pros, e.g. Price's writing, will outweigh the cons, e.g. Price's behavior.

Also, when she makes public appearances, she acts cordially. It's the total opposite of how she acted against Deroir on Twitter. This is because Price (allegedly) thought that Twitter is a private space when in reality, it's not. If your account is set to public and your tweets can be seen publicly, then others are free to respond to your opinions. In my eyes, Price tried to maintain a friendly face and then, just could not keep up that facade anymore and her real personality leaked through.

Aura7541 said:
Machiavellian said:

Actually, no. From what former co-workers said, Price is actually a pretty good writer. Hiring her is almost like a team signing a very talented athlete, though that athlete also has character concerns. Employers take these types of risks sometimes because they think the pros, e.g. Price's writing, will outweigh the cons, e.g. Price's behavior.

Also, when she makes public appearances, she acts cordially. It's the total opposite of how she acted against Deroir on Twitter. This is because Price (allegedly) thought that Twitter is a private space when in reality, it's not. If your account is set to public and your tweets can be seen publicly, then others are free to respond to your opinions. In my eyes, Price tried to maintain a friendly face and then, just could not keep up that facade anymore and her real personality leaked through.

So I watched the video of the guy she went off on and I am still puzzled.  In that video he even states how he loves her no nonsense approach to AMA and things of that sort.  I tried to look but was he in support of her getting fired from her job over this crap.  Like I said, some people really are not cut out for social media.  For all we know this woman could be bipolar.  One day she is an angle and the next she is freaking out over anything that makes her upset.