By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Monthly Steam hardware survey analysis

It will take some time to see the impact of both the new cards, specially with the low availability.

CPU wise (thanks for including the data as well, by the way), it's possible that many enthusiasts have opted to wait until knowing more about AMD's 5000 series, and will wait until its launch to upgrade their systems. And there's also the chance of surveying older machines or more cybercafes.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Considering that both NVidia's RTX cards and AMD's Navi cards also dropped down a notch, my guess is that more older PCs got counted this time around and less newer ones.

Yeah, the colder it gets the more "casual pc gamers" with older systems will join the party.

So RTX 3080 gave its debut in the Steam Stats... and also RTX 2070 Max-Q?

Concurrent user peak is going for 24 million again... will we see 25 million until the end of the year?

https://steamdb.info/app/753/graphs/

I'm one of the few people who has a RX 580 ;)

Basil's YouTube Channel

BasilZero said:

Why few? It's the most popular AMD GPU on Steam.

Around the Network
Conina said:
BasilZero said:

Why few? It's the most popular AMD GPU on Steam.

Oops I looked at it wrong lol.

Great!

Hopefully it will last me for another 2-3 years at the least.

My last PC build had a AMD Radeon 7850 and I had that since 2012 (retired earlier this year). Lasted me a good 8 years for what I wanted to use it for and game with and 10 years for the overall PC.

Basil's YouTube Channel

It looks like the RTX 2070 Max-Q is the mobile version of the card, but that doesn't explain why it has appeared on the chart. The 3080 makes a good debut for a card that's nowhere to be found.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

It looks like the RTX 2070 Max-Q is the mobile version of the card, but that doesn't explain why it has appeared on the chart. The 3080 makes a good debut for a card that's nowhere to be found.

Laptop gaming

I guess people want to play games portable.

Basil's YouTube Channel

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Laptop gaming

Yes, gaming laptops exist, but it's the first time a laoptop only chip has appeared on the survey, which is what makes it odd.

JEMC said:
BasilZero said:

Laptop gaming

Yes, gaming laptops exist, but it's the first time a laoptop only chip has appeared on the survey, which is what makes it odd.

Maybe there was a deal with several laptops with that specific GPU.

Basil's YouTube Channel