By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 1st Anniversary Splatfest Announced: Squid v Octopus

Splatoon 2 is celebrating its first anniversary with a global Splatfest. The event itself will be hosted during the weekend of July 20 / 21, though you’ll be able to choose a side two weeks prior.

As for the topic, players will be asked if they prefer squids or octopus. Everyone on Team Squid will battle as Inklings. You’ll be able to play as an Octoling if you choose Team Octopus, even if you don’t have the Octo Expansion.

Source

https://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-announces-global-splatfest-for-later-this-month/

Around the Network

Nice idea to give everyone the opportunity to play as octoling.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Go Team Squid! Go Team Squid!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Haven't played any Switch games atm, been busy with the PS4, but I'd choose the Squids, though my daughter wants the octopus after I bought her the Octo expansion, typical.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Sunstrider said:
Haven't played any Switch games atm, been busy with the PS4, but I'd choose the Squids, though my daughter wants the octopus after I bought her the Octo expansion, typical.

You brought that girl up wrong. #SquidMasterRace ;)

Around the Network

No! Don't make me choose! I love them both!

Team Afro boy.

Welp, I guess we got a race war on our hands boys. I'm gonna go with Team Marina.

Medisti said:
Sunstrider said:

You brought that girl up wrong. #SquidMasterRace ;)

Feels that way, guess we're gonna have to have a serious dad to daughter talk as to why squids are very good kids. . .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I've been playing as an Octoling since the expansion released but more for it's newness n freshness. Inklings are the OG, I like their designs better, and of course, the woomy and ngyes!