By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wolfenstein 2 on Switch is a good product if you don't care about resolution...

The game is quite enjoyable actually and it seems to look pretty good until you compare it to a 4k machine. If these are the sacrifices to be made for games on the switch from 3rs parties than I'll happily support them with my cash. Not everyone can buy 2 consoles or a console and a powerful pc and people like me like Ninty exclusives better so third party support like this is appreciated

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

Hey, I have a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X and I think the Switch port is great. Loving it on the go. Haven't read any other posts in this thread but I'm sure it's full of people saying how bad it is but it doesn't matter to me in the least!

Resolution is overestimated.
At least in portable mode.

I mean, 240p cutscenes of 3ds games look gorgeous.

If you have prerendered quality graphics, will be gorgeous in any resolution, on portable screen.

jonathanalis said:

If you have prerendered quality graphics, will be gorgeous in any resolution, on portable screen.

Kindly disagree.
I cannot bring myself to use my New 3DS XL due to the subpar displays.
Some people might be content with a fly-screen like image, I am most certainly not one of them. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

hunter_alien said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I actually replayed Killzone Mercenary a PS TV pretty recently. The visuals are actually pretty ugly, OG Xbox has more impressive FPS games.

Killzone Mercenary had a dynamic resolution so it gets really pixelated, textures are muddy, and the character models look like 6th gen quality. It looks okay compared to 6th gen stuff but the Switch easily does better.

Ummm no. I mean sure, if you blow ut up on a full HD screen (via PSTV) and compare it to the OG Xbox on a SDTV it might look somewhat comparable, but just recently having played HL2, Black, and DOOM 3 on the OG Xbox (and just last year went trough Riddick) I can guarantee you that they come nowhere near of pulling off stuff that were done in KZ:M. Lightning, environment detail, character models and especially weapons look considerably better in KZ:M. Obviously KZ2/3 look better but KZ:M most deffinatly stands roughly on the same level as cross-gen 6th/7th gen FPSs on the later gen systems.

I'm honestly telling you the screenshot is not reflective of how the game generally looks. Its simply not that sharp, seems like better color in the picture, the lighting appears to be better. I'm not gonna deny that was taken from the game, it just resemble what I played for some reason.

This DF video is more reflective of my experience. Dull lighting and color, the texture quality is also at par with PS2. Its a solid game though and wasn't really designed for a TV. While Wolfenstein 2 was given its a Switch game.

As far OG Xbox, I think Splinter Cell CT, Doom, Far Cry Instincts and Riddick show the hardware is capable of some impressive lighting and character models. Some of that stuff is at par with Killzone Mercenary.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:

The 3DS screen is also pretty tiny. When you blow it up on the XL, you really start to see the poor quality.

I felt the biggest missed opportunity in the New 3DS was they didn't upgrade the resolution to 480p. That would made a world of difference in a game like Smash Bros.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

TheBird said:
No different than Doom, who cares, it runs on the Switch and Doom was a fun time to play on the go, I actually skipped the Wolfenstein 2 launch to get the Switch version later. Just an innocent single player game by Bethesda. play it for the story, not the looks.

Doom maintained higher resolutions.

The presentation actually is a big part of Wolf 2. Its a technical achievement on X1 and PS4, this is why DF is boasting about what they accomplished on Switch. They managed to bring much of the effects to the Switch, in compromise of resolution.

Recently Completed

TheBird said:
No different than Doom, who cares, it runs on the Switch and Doom was a fun time to play on the go, I actually skipped the Wolfenstein 2 launch to get the Switch version later. Just an innocent single player game by Bethesda. play it for the story, not the looks.

I played the PS4 demo and realized what I allreay know: I suck at aiming with joysticks.

The gyro-aiming is what makes me want the Switch version.

I do not underdstand why PS4 and XB1 does not have this option.

Pemalite said:
jonathanalis said:

Kindly disagree.
I cannot bring myself to use my New 3DS XL due to the subpar displays.
Some people might be content with a fly-screen like image, I am most certainly not one of them. :P

Ditto. I am content with 720p or even 480p in demanding games / areas, but anything lower is cumbersome. While I loved my 3DS, I hated these screens / resolutions.

Mr Puggsly said:
TheBird said:

Doom maintained higher resolutions.

The presentation actually is a big part of Wolf 2. Its a technical achievement on X1 and PS4, this is why DF is boasting about what they accomplished on Switch. They managed to bring much of the effects to the Switch, in compromise of resolution.

Doom is older than Wolfenstein II, that's what makes the difference. Uncharted 4 was a technical achievement too, but isn't as an achievement as God Of War, because it's older.

And you decided to take a screenshot where the Switch version has its greatest weakness, aka water.