By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: "MHW can't be done on Switch." But might make a Switch specific MH game. (Rumor)

Ok people. Lets try to tone it down a notch so further fighting doesn't ensue. Agree and disagree respectfully and leave it at that. Thanks! :)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
quickrick said:

I'm not sure why you are arguing with a guy who is boycotting because because they aren't supporting the system he loves, the  way he thinks they should, you already know there is a agenda.

I have a Switch as well as a PS4. I also have the game. Do you have a Switch? I don't think so. And everyone in here can testify to you having an agenda against Nintendo. 

what does you having a ps4 have to do with anything? you are visibly upset at capcom by saying that you are boycotting them, wont play their games and screw them. your opinion on the game is clearly biased. As for nintendo it's mainly sales discussion, i just don't see it selling anywhere near ps4.

routsounmanman said:
Azuren said:

1. And I addressed your accusation that World is just MH HD- which it isn't. And your response was to decide that I was saying the differences between old MH and World were the reason why it couldn't be done on Switch, when I made zero claims of that.

And you continue to argue in the face of those differences, like changing core aspects of gameplay doesn't mean anything. And you keep drawing back to BotW, seemingly ignorant of what draw distance is. Keep making a fool of yourself, though. Every time you say something, it furthers the thought that you're not a developer (or at least not a competent one), and that you haven't played World with any level of analysis in mind. The level of graphics and activity on a map of that size is clearly too much for Switch to handle when base PS4 struggles. There would likely need to be a massive drop in graphical quality, the pull back on draw distance, and likely drop the number of active monsters on the map. All of those compromises would likely barely hit 720p@30fps while docked, and embarrassing while undocked.

2. Can it run World without major compromises that would alter the game heavily? No. Moving goalposts? Please- I'm only being realistic in my responses. Anything can be ported to anything if you're willing to sacrifice enough of the game's identity.

3. And there we go- no, it isn't a stab in Nintendo's back, because Nintendo is still getting Monster Hunter. It's own special series, in fact. You know what PlayStation fans got? Portable 3rd was never localized, and PlayStation was occasionally treated in eastern countries to ports. Switch is getting a full western release, and you're in here whining about Capcom deciding that World isn't possible on Switch. Count your blessings and be thankful that Capcom is in a much better place here than it was for PlayStation fans. The only fans they're alienating are the ungrateful ones who would prefer to look a gift horse in the mouth and complain.

Oh. And here I thought I was having a nice, educated and civilized conversation. Yet you resort to insults about me and my work, way of thinking and arguments.  Say what you want, in my eyes, MHW is just a pretty MH in HD. If your definition of a leap is being able to traverse the map without loading or picking up items on the fly, congrats.

As for me being a developer, I in fact am. I have nothing to prove to you, and just by throwing generic terms like "draw distance" you think like you show of technical prowess while I can bet you haven't written a single line of code in your life.

You keep insisting about AI, and concurrent monsters wandering the map, things that were doable many years prior to MHW. In fact, the sole reason Switch could not handle MHW is because of graphical details like grass, textures, particles and such, NOT calculations, AI, behavior.

Nevertheless, I am done with this conversation. Even if I am completely wrong, you have no right to insult me ("not a competent developer", "making a fool of yourself", etc). I want no answer from you. I will report you if you do. Have a nice day.

Hey. I'm a former console game developer. I get where you're coming from. It takes a level of pride and cockiness to work 60-80 hour weeks for months straight for relatively shit pay just to see your name in the credits,  the right to display a disc on the wall, and eventually the right to search for a new job when the game finishes!. I know it hurts you to have that questioned because you're very proud of your profession. But please, let me let you in on a little something. No one cares around here, and nor should they. This is an anonymous internet forum, so any claims of profession doesn't give you any credibility. It's better to let your knowledge and experience shine through, and let that tell everyone that you're a game developer without saying it directly.

ryuzaki57 said:
Shaunodon said:

Because they know there's a demand and userbase almost as large on the Switch/3DS

There is no 3DS in this debate. It's Switch vs PS4/X1. How can the 20m Switch owners, who've proven multiple times that they care about 1st party games and little about the rest, be a better potential than the 120m PS4/X1 audience which buys millions of 3rd party games every month? 

Little about the rest?Really?Have you been knowlingly ignoring all the success stories of third party games on the Switch?Both from big publishers and indies?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
ryuzaki57 said:

There is no 3DS in this debate. It's Switch vs PS4/X1. How can the 20m Switch owners, who've proven multiple times that they care about 1st party games and little about the rest, be a better potential than the 120m PS4/X1 audience which buys millions of 3rd party games every month? 

Little about the rest?Really?Have you been knowlingly ignoring all the success stories of third party games on the Switch?Both from big publishers and indies?

I agree about indies, but big publishers, not really. do we even know have one game that has crossed 1 million? even by those standard 1 million is ok and not a success story.

Last edited by quickrick - on 30 June 2018

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Nautilus said:

I agree about indies, big publishers, not really, do we even know have one game that has crossed 1 million? even by those standard 1 million is ok and not a success story.

This guy. Really covered yourself there by setting 1 million as a qualifier, then immediately stating that it means nothing. Why even bother asking.

Shaunodon said:
quickrick said:

I agree about indies, big publishers, not really, do we even know have one game that has crossed 1 million? even by those standard 1 million is ok and not a success story.

This guy. Really covered yourself there by setting 1 million as a qualifier, then immediately stating that it means nothing. Why even bother asking.

Oh sorry, i didn't know selling  ok  means nothing.

I find it hilarious that a couple of people here think that Monster Hunter of all things, wouldn't sell well on the Switch.

You should worry less about Monster Hunter on Switch, and maybe worry about the average at best interest for Monster Hunter World in Japan.

What guarantee is there for Capcom that Monster Hunter will be a worldwide sensation a second, third time around?
I saw it all over social media and Twitch for the weeks following release, I had one friend who played it every day for like a month. Since then I haven't seen him or hardly anyone playing it, don't really see any buzz for it.
Week-to-week it's struggling to outsell games like Horizon: Zero Dawn (which came out almost a year earlier) on the same system.

Is it possible that maybe Japanese and Western gamers just have different taste?

Shaunodon said:

You should worry less about Monster Hunter on Switch, and maybe worry about the average at best interest for Monster Hunter World in Japan.

What guarantee is there for Capcom that Monster Hunter will be a worldwide sensation a second, third time around?
I saw it all over social media and Twitch for the weeks following release, I had one friend who played it every day for like a month. Since then I haven't seen him or hardly anyone playing it, don't really see any buzz for it.
Week-to-week it's struggling to outsell games like Horizon: Zero Dawn (which came out almost a year earlier) on the same system.

Is it possible that maybe Japanese and Western gamers just have different taste?

Yeah I'll admit I'm a bit scared of this myself. I want Monster Hunter to succeed worldwide continuously but I definitely could see World being the big phenomena and then just the series decreasing from there, perhaps even drastically. There's always going to be a peak in any series, but a falling out with the Western audience is somewhat likely.