By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Haven't CNN viewers suffered enough?

jason1637 said:

I liked the characters, the plot...

There was a plot?

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

I liked the characters, the plot. Also I'm into the Vampire vs Zombies thing they had going.

Don't you mean Werewolves?

Yeah I did. When I saw that I was quoted I realized that somebody was gonna point that out.

If anyone watches CNN then they already have suffered through a lot of mental issues.

Twilight was the cancer that gave 50shades.

Real vampires were in the 90s : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120877/

Ever since VH1 did "I Love the 80s", I've always been a fan of these nostalgia series. I'll be watching and saying "Oh yeah, I remember that!" with a smile on my face.

Around the Network

I liked Buffy. That is my relationship to vampires.

If I had cable I probably would watch it. That being said that promo is pretty lame and half assed. I'm guessing it took them about five minutes to come up with that promo.

d21lewis said:
Ever since VH1 did "I Love the 80s", I've always been a fan of these nostalgia series. I'll be watching and saying "Oh yeah, I remember that!" with a smile on my face.

I agree completely! Except for me it was the 90s 

I'm gonna enjoy this one. 

Attempted humor aside, is there any point or meaning to this? To the thread that is, not the documentary.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Machina said:

Joking aside:

You have clearly missed the point of this thread.

I can go on if you want: the tea party, The Apprentice, Paris Hilton, Ignite Ministries, Call of Duty (sorry!)...

The real achievement of a particularly ruinous element here lies in managing to ruin more than one decade (like The Apprenctice, for example). Okay let me just take a moment to comment on the tea party in particular because that was quite possible THE DUMBEST political movement I have ever seen before in my life! Who in their right mind sees the worst crisis since the Great Depression unfolding before their eyes and thinks to themselves "You know, this looks like a good time to tackle the friggin' budget deficit"? I ask you!

In all fairness, of course there were things about the 2000s I liked. For example, a few games from the 2000s managed to make my own top 20 favorites when we did those top 50 lists last year. (Those were: Beyond Good & Evil, Okami, and Mirror's Edge.) But none made the top 10. To me, this decade, perhaps best, from my POV, characterized as the post-Braid era, is easily the best in gaming history. Thanks in large part to the success of games like Braid, there are far more games coming out now than ever before and they're, in my observation, more creative than ever before at that. And it has gone to show that developers hardly need kazillion-dollar budgets to make games that are highly rewarding in any and every respect.

But yeah, of course I'm bashing things broadly for over-dramatic, humorous effect here. I didn't actually dislike all the games on the Wii, for example, or even all the ones that used motion controls. I just disliked the aggregate effect that motion control mania had on gaming overall for a period of about five years.

I will stand by my condemnation of Twilight though. I didn't just dislike Twilight because I found it cheesy (that being I think the most common critique), but also because of its reactionary themes. The opening of the franchise asks the presumed tweenage-girl viewer what one thing is most important in life and then proceeds to answer that it is, you know, getting married and having kids. Preferably in a happily abusive way wherein you sacrifice everything up to and including your very identity. Our protagonist has zero personality and consistently comes across as self-loathing to me. Don't get me wrong, I can get into the 'sacrificing everything for love' theme, but here it just rubbed me the wrong way, the way it was done, in that what Bella seemed to really want was simply to be conquered and destroyed. Maybe I think that's not what girls should preferably look for in relationships. It's not what I've looked for anyway.

vivster said:

Attempted humor aside, is there any point or meaning to this? To the thread that is, not the documentary.

No, there's not really a point. To either. Just fun, really. And I "attempted" nothing. I accomplished humor!

Last edited by Jaicee - on 25 June 2018