By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm worried about Fire Emblem Three Houses

Welp... they got my money when it comes out. Haven’t played a fire emblem yet that I haven’t liked... Now if Sega could just make some new shining force games...😒

Around the Network

I don't know why they are experimenting so much after Awakening. That game nailed the formula quite well, and since then they've been adding gimmicks and trinkets to a series that works well within simplicity. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, Nintendo.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Green098 said:

It's releasing on the Switch so it'll probably be the best selling in the series regardless. No need to worry in my eyes.

I'm sure the awareness of the franchise being raised by the F2P phone game won't hurt either.

Darwinianevolution said:
I don't know why they are experimenting so much after Awakening. That game nailed the formula quite well, and since then they've been adding gimmicks and trinkets to a series that works well within simplicity. Don't try to reinvent the wheel, Nintendo.

You say that without recognizing how many games would not exist if Developers did not push to reinvent the wheel. Gamefreak is what happens when you dont push yourself.

I'm sure the game is going to do well regardless. The success of Awakening, Fates, and Heroes have expanded the fanbase for the series exponentially. It's too early to declare that this game won't have any waifus/husbandos, or pair ups, etc. Because this is only the first trailer. I'm sure we'll get more information as we get closer to release and I personally believe that they are in the game, albeit dialed back substantially from how crazy it got in Fates, Nintendo just decided that this wasn't the best time to reveal that information and just wanted to show off the gameplay and basic elements of the story to get fans excited. But, we'll see.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 19 June 2018

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Darwinianevolution said:

You say that without recognizing how many games would not exist if Developers did not push to reinvent the wheel. Gamefreak is what happens when you dont push yourself.

Maybe so, but there are also series that get hurt by over-innovating, alienating the audience and making themlose their patience and/or interest. Neither stagnation nor overcreativity are good for a series, especially when they managed to find a succesful formula after the series almost got canned forever.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

ARamdomGamer said:
Was expecting a more substantial worry.

Pretty much my thought XD

Yeah I want the franchise to sell well, and I don't hate the additions of the 3DS games, but really being able to marry a party member and have some blonde kids is a 3rd/4th priority for me at best. If they can nail the story-telling and produce a FE 9/10 level quality game with Awakening's marketing, then I think this should be fine.

RolStoppable said:

It's really annoying that this myth about Awakening saving the series because of waifus and whatever keeps persisting. Awakening sold well because Nintendo treated it like a game that they wanted to sell well.

Quoting for emphasis. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

The game is a year away a bit too early to be drawing conclusions we'll get a ND closer to release to look at the game in more depth.

Ljink96 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
I mean just that, if Awakening wasn't successful then the last Fire Emblem game would be from 2012 just like the last Animal Crossing game.

Ummm...Animal Crossing has always been successful, up until Amiibo Festival (which isn't threatening AC Switch) . Correct me if I'm wrong. Animal Crossing as a main series has never been dead or in danger of dying. Unless maybe you're referring to Animal Forest on Nintendo 64? There's...going to be an Animal Crossing on Switch.

I am being a bit superficial of course. :L

RolStoppable said:
The only conclusion that can be drawn from the reveal trailer is that it's too soon and unwarranted to draw dramatic conclusions.

The important thing about Awakening was that it was a new game with modern mechanics after two back-to-back remakes with dated strategic options, including one Japan-only release. Three Houses is a new game with a guaranteed worldwide release and it brings new things to the table. This isn't like one decade ago when Nintendo couldn't be bothered to do marketing for a Fire Emblem 3 remake and sent the game out to die.

It's really annoying that this myth about Awakening saving the series because of waifus and whatever keeps persisting. Awakening sold well because Nintendo treated it like a game that they wanted to sell well.
Very very good point, it certainly wasn't waifus that got me into the series afterall, though I wont deny I enjoy their inclusion hehe. There is Echoes as a sort of example for how a FE game might sell with advertising but without waifus n stuff, but as it is the 3rd game on a dying system I don't think it counts. If Nintendo does a game specific direct and has a demo, success is pretty much confirmed as we've seen countless times. Overall definitely not worried now so thanks!

burninmylight said:
Green098 said:

It's releasing on the Switch so it'll probably be the best selling in the series regardless. No need to worry in my eyes.

I'm sure the awareness of the franchise being raised by the F2P phone game won't hurt either.

Very true, I hear the game is still going strong.

What’s a waifus?

Sounds like a kind of fart.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.