By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm worried about Fire Emblem Three Houses

Not in regards to quality, so far it looks good on that front, but whether it'll be a commercial success. I feel the reveal trailer probably didn't do much for the more casual Awakening/Fates fans. Graphically the game looked underwhelming, no waifus/husbandos or a focus on any characters, no pair up system, and while there appears to be a customizable avatar it wasn't blatantly clear. The game seems to be catering more towards hardcore/traditional fans this time around, which in a vacuum would be fine, but I worry about the consequences. Afterall if not for Awakening the series would be as dead as Animal Crossing.

Before the reveal I woulda said 3 million ltd easy, but now I'm not so sure, especially with it releasing outside of the holidays. Of course when they show the game again could change things for better or worse, but until then these be my thoughts. Am I alone on this I wonder?

Around the Network

I agree, the game did seem to look pretty lackluster during battles and on the battle maps. In the town like areas, it looks great. But in terms of waifus, pair ups, and appealing to different bases I think we should make a better judgement once they fully reveal the game.

And what do you mean as dead as Animal Crossing?

Ljink96 said:
I agree, the game did seem to look pretty lackluster during battles and on the battle maps. In the town like areas, it looks great. But in terms of waifus, pair ups, and appealing to different bases I think we should make a better judgement once they fully reveal the game.

I mean just that, if Awakening wasn't successful then the last Fire Emblem game would be from 2012 just like the last Animal Crossing game.

shikamaru317 said:
The Waifu system and easy mode (no permadeath) better be back or I will skip it.

Graphics were fine in the trailer imo, a substantial upgrade over the 3DS Fire Emblem games.

That is not saying a lot. Subpar C/B class games can easily surpass the best looking handheld games. Its clear intelligent Systems still has a long road ahead of them in regards to 3D graphics. And town areas were not great. Very flat and wide. I would be glad if the basement anime garbage didnt make a return. 

Was expecting a more substantial worry.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Ljink96 said:

I mean just that, if Awakening wasn't successful then the last Fire Emblem game would be from 2012 just like the last Animal Crossing game.

Ummm...Animal Crossing has always been successful, up until Amiibo Festival (which isn't threatening AC Switch) . Correct me if I'm wrong. Animal Crossing as a main series has never been dead or in danger of dying. Unless maybe you're referring to Animal Forest on Nintendo 64? There's...going to be an Animal Crossing on Switch.

shikamaru317 said:
Xxain said:

That is not saying a lot. Subpar C/B class games can easily surpass the best looking handheld games. Its clear intelligent Systems still has a long road ahead of them in regards to 3D graphics. And town areas were not great. Very flat and wide. I would be glad if the basement anime garbage didnt make a return. 

Well, they're doing a better job than Game Freak at adapting to console development at least, lol.

Dropping the waifu system and easy mode would be a mistake. Alot of people don't realize this, but series was on the verge of cancellation before they decided to add those features in Awakening. Their addition revitalized the series by bringing in new fans. There just isn't enough of a customer base to fund a hardcore tactical RPG in this day and age, dropping those features is akin to a death sentence for the franchise. 

I know, I know. I just really dislike basement dweller Anime in Fire emblem. They should do whatever allows Fire Emblem to  continue to grow, but I wont be complaining if that crap doesn't come back. 

It's releasing on the Switch so it'll probably be the best selling in the series regardless. No need to worry in my eyes.

shikamaru317 said:
Xxain said:

Well, they're doing a better job than Game Freak at adapting to console development at least, lol.

Dropping the waifu system and easy mode would be a mistake. Alot of people don't realize this, but series was on the verge of cancellation before they decided to add those features in Awakening. Their addition revitalized the series by bringing in new fans. There just isn't enough of a customer base to fund a hardcore tactical RPG in this day and age, dropping those features is akin to a death sentence for the franchise. 

Series was on the verge of cancellation because...

1. Radiant Dawn wasn't good. 

2. The series didn't make enough money after leaving the GBA, and going on to GC, and Wii. They needed sales to grow with their production budget. 

I'm interested in the game,but I wasn't wow'ed by it like I was expecting. Of course that's partly my fault to begin with, but I just wasn't overly impressed with it. Hopefully this changes as time goes on and when we see more of it later on in the year

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick