By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 5th May 2018, Software

Kerotan said:
Jesus God of war still beating new releases

Except the only new releases is a port ... vs a highly requested and reviewed game who sold a ton which is only on it's 3rd week

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
Mnementh said:

I don't know what is humorous about this. Non-existing software can't sell. So your argument that 3rd-party software sells worse on Switch is flawed. As I showed here, if 3rd-party software is released on Switch, it sells about as well as on XBox One.

I agree about Crash. Crash probably will do pretty well on Switch, as Rayman Legends (which sells launch aligned even in front of the PS4-version) and Sonic Forces already do. I think it is plausible that Crash sells more on Switch than on XBox One.

Games selling better on Switch than Xbox.

Rayman Legends
DB Xenoverse 2
Cartoon Network Battle Crashers
RBI Baseball
Troll and I
Has-Been Heroes
Lego City Undercover
Rime
Portal Knights
Cars 3
Resident Evil: Revelations
Lego Ninjago Movie
Just Dance 2018
Sonic Forces
LA Noire
Ben 10
Attack on Titan 2

I'm not sure where you're getting data for Resident Evil Revelations. Are you pitting numbers for Revelations Collection against only Revelations 1 on X1 instead of also including Revelations 2?

Are you noticing a main theme here? LA Noire is the only western developed game that's not cartoony/kid-friendly that's above X1. And that's because most the people who have an X1 already played it on the 360 where it sold over 2.5 million copies.

So when a game is announced that isn't cartoony and/or kid-friendly then don't be shocked if there isn't a Switch version. Since PS4 and X1 have the same x86 architecture and have similar specifications the amount of effort needed to make a version for X1 when already making one for PS4 is scant. That's not the case for the Switch.

Games of the above listing that sell better on Xbox contain: Minecraft Story Mode, Farming Simulator, Just Dance 2017, Skylanders, Overcooked, Lego Worlds, Lego Marvel Super Heroes - cartoony games. Again, you're telling us, if basically all ports to Switch are cartoony games, only cartoony games sell. Or in other words: your world-shattering insight is, that unreleased games don't sell. Again.

So you again and again present as your logic: because no western games released so far on Switch, no western games on Switch should release.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Megiddo said:

I mean, first party titles make up only ~10% of Nintendo Switch software available at retail. So if your argument is that there aren't any third-party games on the system it's a rather humorous one. @Mnementh

Crash should be interesting. How well do you expect it to do on the Switch? It's a platformer with a cartoonish look and is family friendly, so it hits pretty much all the checks for the Nintendo fanbase.

I think you need to put things into context and look at the 3rd party retail games on Switch.

The majority of 3rd party retail games are ports that released much earlier on other platforms, physical versions of games that released digitally months earlier, niche Japanese titles, shovelware that sell poorly everywhere.

Which 3rd party retail titles should be selling a similar amount as the Nintendo IP on Switch?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

Which 3rd party retail titles should be selling a similar amount as the Nintendo IP on Switch?

FIFA should be outselling 1-2 Switch. There is a whole lot more value and replayability in playing the world's #1 sport on the go than a tech demo that gets old after not much time at all. Doom should have done way better considering all the care that went into the port and the lack of similar games on the system.

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

FIFA should be outselling 1-2 Switch. There is a whole lot more value and replayability in playing the world's #1 sport on the go than a tech demo that gets old after not much time at all. Doom should have done way better considering all the care that went into the port and the lack of similar games on the system.

Doom was ported more than a years after it's initial release, and when Doom went out it was selling at 20$ everywhere. I think Wolfeinstein 2 will do better than Doom. 

then again, is it really fair to expect games to sell as well as the xbox one on the switch considering there is twice more xbox one out there....

Around the Network

How high do you guys think God of War is now (in june)? around 7m?

JRPGfan said:
How high do you guys think God of War is now (in june)? around 7m?

If we go with a 40% ratio add-on to the numbers we have right now, it should be approx. around 4.8M-5M at the beginning of May.

Numbers have also largely decreased each week,by half I would say.

Right now, a more conservative estimate would be around 6M, but 7M seems plausible if it were to do better numbers in the next weeks than it is doing right now.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

Doom falls into one of the categories i just listed, it released 1.5 years after the PS4/XBO/PC versions. The amount of care doesnt really matter when the fanbase already owns the game.

That just leaves FIFA as your only example and its on track to being one of the better selling portable FIFA titles ever, on par with PSP entries.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Not really buying those Donkey Kong numbers, it was number 5 in April NPD and this site has it at 92k in the US.

So it's undertracked?

CaptainExplosion said:
zorg1000 said:
Not really buying those Donkey Kong numbers, it was number 5 in April NPD and this site has it at 92k in the US.

So it's undertracked?

I personally think so.