By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76: How Will Todd Howard Solve The "Douchebag" Problem?

shikamaru317 said:
Also, I forgot to mention, I heard that there will only be 22 players per server, and the map is 4x larger than Fallout 4, so the chances of running into another player on a map that size are relatively small. You might only get 1 encounter with another player every few hours of gameplay, especially if you're good at stealth, so the experience should still be good for solo players who aren't interested in PvP.

So to summarize...a Bethesda game with no NPCs, no real story, featuring by far their largest map, designed for MP, will make experiencing said MP (outside of friend invites - I assume) a rarity to actually experience.

Sounds genius. 

Last edited by Angelus - on 15 June 2018

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

So to summarize...a Bethesda game with no NPCs, no real story, featuring by far their largest map, designed for MP, will make experience said MP (outside of friend invites - I assume) a rarity to actually experience.

Sounds genius. 

There is story in the form of audio logs and other types of radiant quests (quests which you find in the world while exploring). But yeah, I do find it really strange that there are no human NPC's, I see no reason why they couldn't have done safe zone settlements with NPC's in them who give you quests. 

I mean, I'm not really that into Fallout anyway, so I don't care all that much….but this game sounds pretty poorly thought out to me.

If pvp is allowed then douchebaggery is kind of the point. Normies and non-pvp gamers are gonna have to learn to contend with it.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Back in the day, when we were kids, the way you stopped douche baggery was putting the controller down and beating the shit out of one another. People tended to behave when the threat of actually getting their ass kicked was there to keep them in check.

As far as online gaming, there's nothing to stop it. It's a part of the beast.

This is the exact reason I don't care about online multiplayer games.  I love playing sports games with my friends.  If I'm beating a friend in Madden, and they suddenly decide to rage quit because they are losing, I can talk them into finishing the game.  Online, the person disconnects, the game automatically ends, and I just wasted 45 minutes of my life.

honestly, it sounds like part of the fun and dynamic of the game. You have people who are out to make your life a living hell. You band with others and end their existence. They should definitely make those nuke hard to activate/acquire and very sparingly so not just any random one person can use it but rather a coordinated group effort is required to attain them

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Maybe they should simply let players choose between PK and no-PK maps or even worlds, like UO. BTW when UO started offering consensual-only PvP worlds, many longest-standing players felt the game was getting dumbed down.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I really don't want a Fallout that functions the same as GTA Online (Fallout being without shark cards of course), GTA Online is absolute cancer now. They need to have PvP zones, or no PvP at all. Not going to buy a game where I have to deal with other toxic players who have spent 1000 hours in game earning the best unlocks because they have nothing better to do in life.