By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76: How Will Todd Howard Solve The "Douchebag" Problem?

And by douchebag, I mean players who's sole purpose is to ruin other players' gaming experience. If Todd Howard and his team don't have a solution or barrier in place to negate trolling players in Fallout 76, then they could have a HUGE problem on their hands.

Only in a perfect world do players kill others in moderation. The reality is that most "online" games where there are no rules in terms of static PVP environments, people are needles dicks 90% of the time because there's no consequence to being a player who's sole purpose is to inconvenience others.

I'd like everyone else's thought on this.

Around the Network

Back in the day, when we were kids, the way you stopped douche baggery was putting the controller down and beating the shit out of one another. People tended to behave when the threat of actually getting their ass kicked was there to keep them in check.

As far as online gaming, there's nothing to stop it. It's a part of the beast.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Back in the day, when we were kids, the way you stopped douche baggery was putting the controller down and beating the shit out of one another. People tended to behave when the threat of actually getting their ass kicked was there to keep them in check.

As far as online gaming, there's nothing to stop it. It's a part of the beast.

I know Gran Turismo Sports online mode was similar, where the races and it's professionalism was entirely dependent on the players in the session. How did that ever pan out? I never ended up buying GT Sport.

They will have no intention of "solving" it, because the whole premise of their game relies upon there being willing douchebags - as you call them - who are willing to go out of their way to hunt you down, and even go so far as to nuking you and whatever nice base you've built up somewhere.

I only care to play by myself, so i hope they can find a way to let me just explore and enjoy and not worry about other idiots. I usually don't play any online gaming whatsoever.

Around the Network

Yes, if they cannot solve this very easy problem that every single online game before them has solved they will have a HUGE PROBLEM!

Seriously though, are you serious or is this just an extremely meta troll?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Same way Dark Souls did it: form up with other people and gank the ever living shit out of douchebags.

The way to curb this is to simply design the game in a way that, if the other player decides to just go around and kill other players all the time and looting their stuff, they should make it so they don't level up as much, and in some cases don't progress as much either.

The game allows for PVP, but it shouldn't be about PVP, yet the way it's presented has some players thinking it's PVP, so they'll act like dicks regardless, and thus that needs to be curbed right off the bat to deter that line of thought.

The other way they could curb PVP is them using GTA V's option to opt out of PVP, where your character becomes see through and cannot be killed/interacted with. At least then you can still play with friends, but won't be griefed by other players.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Git gud

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Well, I hope they don't solve the problem. I like ruining other people's experiences xd