By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 to PS4 graphical leap

I've heard many saying that PS4 is just PS3 graphics with a bit of polishing.

After seeing PS4 E3 2018 lineup, can we agree that the graphical leap between PS3 and PS4 is actually impressive? Have we had this level of graphical realism on PS3?

Last edited by 0D0 - on 14 June 2018

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

You could have made this same case with Horizon and/or God of War. Hell, I could make the case with The Order.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
You could have made this same case with Horizon and/or God of War. Hell, I could make the case with The Order.

I know but, still many don't see how this generation has improved over the best games of last generation, however I reckon after what we've seen this week, it's definitive evidence.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Man that screenshot looks ugly. Super blurry to me? But yeah, I agree with you.

I think we already had definitive evidence. I don't why some folks would make an ignorant statement like the PS4 is the PS3 with polished graphics, or PS3.5. I've heard both comments like that, and they're equally ridiculous.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Agree. None of those games you mentioned could have been done on PS3 with that level of details. Look at Skyrim on PS3. Those graphics looks outdated

It is very impressive, the leap from PS3 to the likes of horizon and gow is massive. Going back you certainly notice how far we came this generation.

Sucker Punch's own prior game "Infamous: Second Son / First Light" was a testament to the leap. "Ghosts of Tsushima" shows the leap once developers have time to squeeze every drop out of a system.

People always get hung up on a systems stats, compare it to PCs and think these systems are outdated and fill never be able to pull off certain level of graphical fidelity. I have no doubt PlayStation 5 will be same narrative.

0D0 said:

I've heard many saying that PS4 is just PS3 graphics with a bit of polishing.

After seeing PS4 E3 2018 lineup, can we agree that the graphical leap between PS3 and PS4 is actually impressive? Have we had this level of graphical realism on PS3?

Is that a PS4 or PS4 Pro image? Beside the gap in graphic between PS4 Launch game and end of generation is going to be major. 

I would not be surprised it is the PS4 pro version tho =p.