By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk is a first person shooter RPG, play as male or female

Everyone who saw 50 min uncut demo was blown away. Whether it's first or third person, I'm pretty sure they'll handle it well. It's CDPR after all.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
HoloDust said:

If you're reffering to how characters look, that's thanks to 3D engines - back in 80s/90s there was no such thing, and it was quite irrelevant - you pick a character(s) you like the most and then you dive into what matters most for characters in RPGs - attributes and skills.

And then the moment we could put character creation into RPGs, we didn't because that's not what it's about, right?

Again, if you're reffering to how characters look (and you obviously do), yes, the moment it was possible to be implemented it was - yet it was still as irrelevant as before, because it had no impact on how you're characters behaves in the game world, or how game world perceives him/her.

To my knowledge, only few games ever have actually tried to connect (to a certain degree) your apperance/body type/body mass with how your character behaves in game (Exanima pops to mind).

HoloDust said:
Azuren said:

And then the moment we could put character creation into RPGs, we didn't because that's not what it's about, right?

Again, if you're reffering to how characters look (and you obviously do), yes, the moment it was possible to be implemented it was - yet it was still as irrelevant as before, because it had no impact on how you're characters behaves in the game world, or how game world perceives him/her.

To my knowledge, only few games ever have actually tried to connect (to a certain degree) your apperance/body type/body mass with how your character behaves in game (Exanima pops to mind).

You can just stop now, man. The fact that character creation is so prevalent in RPGs now means it's important, even if only for aesthetic purposes. People care about what their character looks like regardless of its impact on gameplay, just like people care about any artistic aspect of a game when it's mostly disconnected from gameplay itself. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

trixiemafia86 said:
I get that some people here prefer first person and are glad. but don't think for a second that there is something wrong with people who prefer third person. you guys are really sounding elitist here like another user has pointed out. I don't have a problem playing FPS although I prefer third person. No need to gloat and tell us why FPS generally better. It's like being a fan of a football team, you can tell someone how your team is more successful and all but it won't change how the other person feels about the team they support.

I don't mind either, but it's not eletism to like both at all.

If it's elitist to like one over the other, then that would also apply to the 3rd person only crowd. There is nothing wrong with this game going with a 1st person camera view. The argument for 3rd person is entirely subjective. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

HoloDust said:
Nem said:
Eehhh... if its FPS only i might have to skip it.
I only play Fallout and Elder scrolls cause i can also go into 3rd person.
There's no point in an RPG where you can't see your character imo.

RPGs were never about that, it's about how your character deals with all sort of situations depending on how you develop their attributes and skills.

And in the case for this game, it's what you choose to play as, not what you choose to look as. 

No one here will have even played the original Cyberpunk tabletop game, so none of these "3rd person or death" people will know what you base your characters on at all.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Great news all around for me, first person RPG's are rare nowadays. I'll take that any day over a 3rd person cover shooter or hotkey spam fest, which most "RPG's" are turning into today.

I can see why they are rare these days, seemingly due to another crowd wanting them dead by way of "no first person mode".

StokedUp said:
First person shooter?? Oooops, that all interest in this disappeared, no matter the setting it won’t take away the boredom of point shoot run to next area, point shoot run to next area, point shoot run to next area.......

As opposed to the exact same thing with a third person camera?

Azuren said:
HoloDust said:

You can just stop now, man. The fact that character creation is so prevalent in RPGs now means it's important, even if only for aesthetic purposes. People care about what their character looks like regardless of its impact on gameplay, just like people care about any artistic aspect of a game when it's mostly disconnected from gameplay itself. 

I don't have anything to stop about, mate.
Visual character creation might be very important to some people, yet it's completely irrelevant to RPGs as a genre in its core. If that's what's preventing someone from enjoying the game, then I'd suggest that maybe RPGs are not really what they should be playing in the first place.

HoloDust said:
Azuren said:

I don't have anything to stop about, mate.
Visual character creation might be very important to some people, yet it's completely irrelevant to RPGs as a genre in its core. If that's what preventing someone from enjoying the game, then I'd suggest that maybe RPGs are not really what they should be playing in the first place.

There really is.

So is animation, character design, sound design, lighting... Gameplay isn't the only thing that makes a game good, so it's not the only important thing. Take character creation out of Elder Scrolls and see what happens.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

What is's the problem with first person for a shooter. I mean sure a hack and slash game does not work well in third person. But shooting works just fine if you ask me.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar