By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Dreams - At Last Some New Games

GribbleGrunger said:
twintail said:
I mean, most of these have been shown before. But yeah this was probably a better showing for the game than most of what has come before, from a gameplay point.

The fact that it just loads the next game and you can just Dreamsurf so to speak should really be what is being advertised imho.

Apart from the Comic Sands game, we only had pics of most of those. 

You may be right. 

Either way I agree this was a good video, and something similar should have been at the conference. 

Around the Network
twintail said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Apart from the Comic Sands game, we only had pics of most of those. 

You may be right. 

Either way I agree this was a good video, and something similar should have been at the conference. 

I just watched the continued coverage in Playstation and evidently it looks like we're getting a look at more games tomorrow. Fingers crossed they choose different games but I'd be more than happy for deeper dives into these.

The PS5 Exists. 

Brilliant.
I may buy it just to support them, as I can't create shit.

BraLoD said:
Brilliant.

That's why I bought LBP. MM are the epitome of creativity. I can't believe people were asking why people name dreams when talking about games and question MM track record 

Maxosaurus-rex said:
BraLoD said:
Brilliant.

That's why I bought LBP. MM are the epitome of creativity. I can't believe people were asking why people name dreams when talking about games and question MM track record 

Well LBP sold a damn lot, so it worked out.

Around the Network

I'm gathering the courage to make my book into a RPGmaker or Dreams game... but it will probably consume several hours.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Looks amazing. Just wish you could export - i.e make a game and release it on PSn... that would be fantastic. Perhaps they'll allow that for the best games or even selling them as DLC.

Hope they cover what the campaign is about as I think some people will want to just play but not make stuff (like LBP)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Looks amazing. Just wish you could export - i.e make a game and release it on PSn... that would be fantastic. Perhaps they'll allow that for the best games or even selling them as DLC.

Hope they cover what the campaign is about as I think some people will want to just play but not make stuff (like LBP)

That would incentive me to make mine

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

this "game" will sell poorly.

Madword said:

That is something that's being looked into. Healey has said it's easy to do. The biggest problem with that is all the best creators would likely end up creating games for sale and not contribute to the creative community. If they do implement it at some point then there needs to be some stipulations. My advice would be: The creator has to have at least 3 well received games/experiences before applying. The creator must prove the games popularity first by hitting a 'particular' engagement number. The game must then pass a stringent quality control assessment before being allowed on PSN. The price must not be too expensive. Perhaps $5 - $10 would be about right for the average sized game and $10 - $15 for exceptionally long games (for Dreams). Let's say 3 - 5 hours. 

The PS5 Exists.