Amaizing 8 10.00%

Great 32 40.00%

Good 24 30.00%

Decent 5 6.25%

underwhelm 5 6.25%

Bad 5 6.25%

Worse 1 1.25%

Total:80

For me i do not consider a show great when it shows multiplats, anybody can show them.

Around the Network
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Nier port (I'm shocked )

Indeed i bet Phil were straight up make an exclusives deal to make this title comes to Xbox or perhaps it's indeed a timed exclusives games. 

Sekiro  ( I had thought this is PS4 exclusive)

me either , i thought it was a bloodborne sequel or another fromsoftware exclusives for PlayStation 

5 New studios

Actually i was shocked they are not acquiring EA LOL 

Next gen XBOX

LMAO, yeah it's really funny how they are trying to convince there fans that that are really committed to the consoles.  

It was a great conference. They showed a ton of games, there was barely any talking, they announced 5 new 1st party studios which will make them much more competitive exclusive wise next gen. The only things that could have made it better were:

-A megaton exclusive
-Some of those 3rd party marketing deal games they showed on stage coming to Gamepass Day One

shikamaru317 said:
It was a great conference. They showed a ton of games, there was barely any talking, they announced 5 new 1st party studios which will make them much more competitive exclusive wise next gen. The only things that could have made it better were:

-A megaton exclusive
-Some of those 3rd party marketing deal games they showed on stage coming to Gamepass Day One

In my part the acquisition of 5 studios are a great news and also the xbox gamepass are a great deal. I am hoping a great exclusives  games for next Xbox  Scarlet  in near future. 

I would give it a 9 out of 10.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I've never liked xbox, but their conference was pretty good this year, hard to deny that

Good show, not too much talking and Spencer, but ultimately no real exclusive surprises and loads of great looking multiplatform games.

It was good.
They had a solid list of games to be shown (exclusive or not).
I would say that the real unknowns were Sekiro and DMC5 appearing here instead of on the Sony stage. And without these 2 I think the conference wouldnt have been as impactful.
Presentation was good. Speed was good. Not just vids but allowed speakers to speak.
The big issue is that the exclusive MS st party games is just so by the numbers at this point.

But I enjoyed the show nonetheless.

shikamaru317 said:

-A megaton exclusive

Tbh it’s only one newly bought studio that will make a change. Ninja Theory. The rest was exclusively working for MS already and/or are pretty mediocre.

Then there is The Initiative of course, which haven’t done anything yet.

Errorist76 said:
shikamaru317 said:

-A megaton exclusive

Tbh it’s only one newly bought studio that will make a change. Ninja Theory. The rest was exclusively working for MS already and/or are pretty mediocre.

Then there is The Initiative Of course, which haven’t done anything yet.

While it's true that Playground was already working with MS, it's still a pretty big win for MS first party, as it's a 2 for one deal. They got a 2nd racing team, and an RPG team by buying them.

Compulsion, it's really too soon to say. Right now they're a small AA studio with 40 developers, but half the people there have AAA experience, having worked on Bioshock previously as I recall. Maybe MS will staff them up into a AAA studio, or maybe they'll keep them at AA size, we'll have to wait and see. Either way, it at least means more exclusives for Xbox next gen, even if they are AA exclusives. 

Undead Labs, well, they're really not my thing. I don't like zombies games and that is what they specialize in. I suspect they'll make the State of Decay MMO they always wanted to make next, now that they have have the funding to do it. An online game like that is exactly what MS wants, something that can drive Xbox Live and Gamepass subscriptions monthly.

Ninja Theory is a good get for sure. I suspect MS will staff them up into a 2 team studio, one of which will be AAA in size and Microsoft's counter to Sony Santa Monica basically, specializing in action games like Hellblade. The other team will be smaller, AA or A sized, because Ninja Theory specifically said they signed with MS so they could afford to experiment and make smaller games. 

The Initiative is new and untested true, but so were 343i and The Coalition not too long ago. What we do know is that the studio is planned to be AAA and is headed by Darrell Gallagher, who was head of Crystal Dynamics during the development of the story driven Tomb Raider reboots. That tells me that the plan is for The Initiative to be a counter studio for Naughty Dog, focusing in story driven 3rd person action-adventure games. 

All in all- MS is looking pretty competitive 1st party wise for next-gen imo. And they can always fill in the gaps with 2nd party exclusives like they did this gen.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 June 2018