By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Micorosft Studios E3 Expansion - 5 New 1st Party Studios (Ninja Theory, Playground Games, Undead Labs)

The Ninja Theory acquisition had me shook! Just came out of nowhere! Very solid acquisitions, this is what MS needed to do in order to reinvigorate my faith in single-player experiences on Xbox

Around the Network

Shame about Ninja Theory, I liked them.

This is pretty good, but instead of complusion studio or Ninja theory (possibly both) they should've bought blue hole or High-Rez studio. It would be intresting to see State of decay 3, Hell blade 2, Forza Horizon 4 all launch window Xbox 2 games.

KazumaKiryu said:

In my opinion: Microsoft should rather develop (more) good own games, instead of buying multi-studios -.- For that reason ... its sad, there will never be a "Heavenly Sword 2" in future, no chance now.

Everyone buys studios. This isn't unique to MS. How would you suggest they make more games when all of their studios are occupied already?

Snoopy said:
This is pretty good, but instead of complusion studio or Ninja theory (possibly both) they should've bought blue hole or High-Rez studio. It would be intresting to see State of decay 3, Hell blade 2, Forza Horizon 4 all launch window Xbox 2 games.

FH4 is coming this year isn't it? And I would have thought that they all get the chance to make a new IP.

Around the Network

wasn't the whole deal of Ninja theory making hell blade was to deliver an independent AAA game, Huh i guess that experiment failed. Its a shame that the dream of Heavenly Sword 2. This is why Sony likes to keep the IP, now Hell Blade 2 will be Xbox exclusive.

I liked phils emphasis on xbox isn't going anywhere. Love that they finally bought some new studios and building one. Can't wait to see what they all end up making.

Would love another Enslaved game. Make it happen NT.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

I can see "We Happy Few"'s team doing this for the funding, and the other three are proven MS Teams or completely new. But Ninja Theory seems a bit off, especially after Hellblade was a timed PS exclusive.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Its good that they are expanding although The initiative is terrible name for a studio. Sound like some VR or something different studio.