By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Microsoft screwed no matter what they show at E3 this year?

Better than EA at least, and better than last year.

Then again knowing Microsoft's luck they'll be Overshadowed by Awsomeness by the other presentations.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Sorry but I have seen more ps4 games than exclusives in this conference

User warned for this post -RavenXtra

Last edited by Raven - on 10 June 2018

50games & the 18 titles 'with exclusivity' wasn't that impressive when shown.
but i think 2019+ will be cool for Xbox

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

MS is ramping up their presence in the industry but for what future?
UWP / streaming / XBox or all of them...

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Most definitely Microsoft's best E3 this generation. Yes, a lot of the games shown during the conference will also be on PS4, but this show was way better than last year's. I said that Microsoft needed to have a solid conference, gain goodwill with the consumers, and carry that over to next gen. They definitely exceeded the first step.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Not an Xbox guy so I'll take a moment during the Gears 5 gameplay to say this is one of the best E3 conferences of recent memory, definitely this gen. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Uncharted 6 or the next Zelda at this thing. They really went all out here, hope that money pays off.

Some of the games were cool, thing is i don't need an XBOX to play them though.
I was not as impressed by this as you to say the least :D

Surely they have to accept that they are currently third and they'll eventually become third in lifetime sales too, but I wouldn't say screwed, even if third place won't probably be as big as it was in 7th gen, it will be the second biggest third place in all the story of console gaming, and even bigger than all home consoles second places except in 7th gen, so quite a good result, more than acceptable, particularly considering that XB consoles typically enjoy a very high attach rate.
So it could be a bad result for paranoid control freak Ballmer, but it will be acceptable, although improvable, for pragmatic Nadella.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Conference was mad. 
Though nothing new really. Ultimately they gained exclusivity with 3 new studious.

John2290 said:
Bajablo said:

I said it was the best conference in recent memory not the best list of exclusive reveals.

just out of curiosity, how far back does 'recent memory' go? :D
They did show a lot of cool games though, that i can agree on :) excited for Cyberpunk & We happy few on PC

John2290 said:
Bajablo said:

I said it was the best conference in recent memory not the best list of exclusive reveals.

But that is kind of a diservice that MS do to themselves, they revealed everything you can also play on PS4, they kinda took every Square game and put in there for example, now PS4 can say you cna play all of these games in PS4 on a 2 minutes montage and then spend his entire E3 talking about exclusives. I think MS kinda went overbord here hust throwing everything out there and putting on their E3. For me as a gamer it was a super solid showing, entertaining and all, Im not sure it has the desired effect for MS themselves tough.