By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3 Confirmed For January 29th 2019 For PS4/Xbox One.

" 2 0 1 8 "

lol

Around the Network

Don't forget that they said "Financial year 2018", which is from April 18 to March 19 for SE.
Still reckon a short delay to March is possible, it's common to push it a bit at the end.

irstupid said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Actually this is my point.  I usually expect smaller or experimental titles to come out in January.  RE7 is the only one that I would call a guaranteed big seller.  All of the others are smaller except for MHW and DBFZ.  MHW and DBFZ were "experimental".  They both sold a lot better than their predecessors because they were trying something new.

Perhaps Kingdom Hearts 3 is trying to change up the formula and try something new?  That would be the best case scenario. 

Well, I think the whole conception of when something needs to release has been changing these days. Movies have found that it doesn't need to release in the "summer" time period to sell billions. Games have also been releasing more and more out of their 'typical' window.

But I would say late Jan, early Feb is being optimistic for Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm expecting later. I was watching some predicitons for E3 and a group brought up Kingdom Hearts at E3 and its release. They then talked about how they got a hands on time with the game at some place and got to talk to devs and so on. The impression they got at that was that the game is not ready yet, so they didn't believe it would be a 2018 game. Thus in the same thinking, it being like month 1 of 2019 seems unlikely. Toss that onto it being  SE game as well, and I woudl not expect this until like Spring 2019. 

That seems a lot more reasonable to me.  If they need time to fix the game, then push it back even further like March or later.

Comment removed... 

Moderated - think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 10 June 2018

AlfredoTurkey said:
alejollorente10 said:

In that Nintendo would enter a market already established 3 years later and without any difference to the other two consoles except their exclusive. And with more expensive prices in their games that do not fall in price over time as it happens in the other two consoles.

And well, when the SNES was successful, they were other times and the only competition of Nintendo was SEGA. Then Sony entered the market and we already know how that ends.

It just doesn't make sense. Imagine a console released by Nintendo which was exactly like a PS4 Pro. Same online, same internals, same basic media... basic controller. Now imagine Nintendo releasing BOTW, Metroid Prime 4, Odyssey... and then throw in COD, Madden, GTA 6, Battlefield... all those really massive casual franchises. Who the hell would be able to compete? Sony? They have great exclusives, sure. But if Nintendo is getting the same third party support and their versions are just as good, Nintendo is going to win that fight because in the end, their exclusives sell better and are in more demand. GOW is great. Bloodborne is great. But they don't sell anything like MK or Pokemon. 

There's literally no evidence of Nintendo ever losing under this strategy and, if they ever tried again, trust me, Microsoft and Sony would shit the bed secretly because they have used Nintendo's gimped hardware and different controller strategy to their advance for years. They have lived off the fact that by default, Nintendo won't be getting the best third party games. If Nintendo threw down the gauntlet and said, ok... no more freebies for you guys, imo, it could be game over for their dominance.

It doesn't work like that, people are used to the playstation ecosystem, and playstation brand is big in the home console market WW. for example look at xbox it can compete  with playstation in the US, but no where else. in japan nobody will even touch an xbox, brand and perception plays a major role. those franchises you mention haven't been on a nintendo system for 2 generations, there online community is non existent.   

Around the Network

They already uploaded to YouTube the trailer shown at Microsoft's conference:

Dear lord that reveal trailer brought the cringe levels to incredible heights.

Still, I hope it lives up to the hype for those fans... it really looked like one long commercial for Disney properties more so than past titles.

I can't believe Aqua fell to the darkness, am cry 

AlfredoTurkey said:
Jranation said:
Dang! No Switch version :(

Until Nintendo finally decides to make a console that is as powerful as their competitors and with a similar architecture (internals, storage media etc.), this is going to happen. It's been going on since N64.

GameCube has twice the clock speed of the PS2. 486Mhz compared to the PS2's 200Mhz.

And there is no point to make a console as "powerful" as PS4 and XO, since Nintendo has been the only company that actually profits on every system, game, and accessory they sell.

It's bad enough that PS4 and XO are literally the same exact system with different names. Do we really need three systems that are all the same? Nintendo answered that in 2006. The answer was no.

Snesboy said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Until Nintendo finally decides to make a console that is as powerful as their competitors and with a similar architecture (internals, storage media etc.), this is going to happen. It's been going on since N64.

GameCube has twice the clock speed of the PS2. 486Mhz compared to the PS2's 200Mhz.

And there is no point to make a console as "powerful" as PS4 and XO, since Nintendo has been the only company that actually profits on every system, game, and accessory they sell.

It's bad enough that PS4 and XO are literally the same exact system with different names. Do we really need three systems that are all the same? Nintendo answered that in 2006. The answer was no.

Do we need a Nintendo console that actually gets great third party support? Because that was the question posed and the one I answered. The SNES was the last console that Nintendo released which didn't in some way hinder the development of third party games and, it was the last one which had great third party support. 

Now, if you're happy with a Nintendo console that keeps missing out on games like FF, KH and GTA, fine. But some people want those games and it's not going to happen until they do a SNES again.