By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3 Confirmed For January 29th 2019 For PS4/Xbox One.

About damn time kkkkk

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Xxain said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Jan. 29 is such an awkward release date for such a big game. You'd think they'd either do extra crunch time to get it out by December or else wait til March and polish up a lot more. Jan. 29 release date gives me a bad vibe. It shows they don't have a lot of confidence in their game.

January has been a key month for a few years now, especially for Japanese developers. Nier, Yakuza, Monster Hunter World, RE7, Dragon Ball Fighther  Z and Ni-oH just to name a few off thr top of my head, all released to major success during January. 

KH is more popular than all those titles.

Actually this is my point.  I usually expect smaller or experimental titles to come out in January.  RE7 is the only one that I would call a guaranteed big seller.  All of the others are smaller except for MHW and DBFZ.  MHW and DBFZ were "experimental".  They both sold a lot better than their predecessors because they were trying something new.

Perhaps Kingdom Hearts 3 is trying to change up the formula and try something new?  That would be the best case scenario. 

Glad to hear they aren't compromising the title with a Switch release. That said, I'm not opposed to a Switch version, I would just prefer a later port so we can be certain Switch hardware didn't cause anything to be cut.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Obviously they could port this game to the Switch, although it would delay the game even further if they want to release all three at the same time. I can understand that Square Enix does not want that.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Yerm said:
i feel like they could have pulled off a Switch port with enough effort. they had the remakes of 1 and 2 on the PS3, which was well below the Switch in terms of power, and i feel like they have had more than enough time to port the game if they committed to it

I'm quite curious to see how KH1 and 2 being ported to PS3 have anything with Switch being capable of running KH3.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Xxain said:

January has been a key month for a few years now, especially for Japanese developers. Nier, Yakuza, Monster Hunter World, RE7, Dragon Ball Fighther  Z and Ni-oH just to name a few off thr top of my head, all released to major success during January. 

Actually this is my point.  I usually expect smaller or experimental titles to come out in January.  RE7 is the only one that I would call a guaranteed big seller.  All of the others are smaller except for MHW and DBFZ.  MHW and DBFZ were "experimental".  They both sold a lot better than their predecessors because they were trying something new.

Perhaps Kingdom Hearts 3 is trying to change up the formula and try something new?  That would be the best case scenario. 

I would say it's quite the reach to say because a game releases in January it's an experimental or is trying to reinvent itself.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Xxain said:

Well, I think the whole conception of when something needs to release has been changing these days. Movies have found that it doesn't need to release in the "summer" time period to sell billions. Games have also been releasing more and more out of their 'typical' window.

But I would say late Jan, early Feb is being optimistic for Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm expecting later. I was watching some predicitons for E3 and a group brought up Kingdom Hearts at E3 and its release. They then talked about how they got a hands on time with the game at some place and got to talk to devs and so on. The impression they got at that was that the game is not ready yet, so they didn't believe it would be a 2018 game. Thus in the same thinking, it being like month 1 of 2019 seems unlikely. Toss that onto it being  SE game as well, and I woudl not expect this until like Spring 2019. 

Isn´t Square having an E3 conference right about now?...can´t find a link

JamesGarret said:

That's tomorrow

melbye said:
JamesGarret said:

That's tomorrow

Ah, ok, thanks.