By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Citizen Introduces $27,000 Legatus Pack

I had a feeling it wasn't going to be long until someone posted yet another Yong video on here . (He's like the loved version of Jim Sterling on here, while Jim is hated).

People will pay for what they want, but what's more interesting, is how much people are willing to pay for something. Well that and the fact that people who never liked the game and watched it from the outside, assume they know absolutely everything that's going on within the game development cycle.

That said, I'm still waiting patiently for Squadron 42 for some Hamill goodness.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

This game is a straight scam rubbed on your face.

Nearly 200 million in funding and still not finished?

@ 2:32 damn, not even EA or Konami managed to get THAT kind of venomous response from Yong in said video. 😂 That's when you know something is so monumentally, out-of-this-world shady that nothing, not even EA's attempt to implement glorified gambling in SWBF II even comes close.

And the sad part is, you know there's some whales out there who WILL buy the $28k MTXs and we're gonna see this shit bleed over into other games, it always does. And perhaps even scarier, some people might actually try to defend this all in the name of "player choice" or "business trying to stay afloat". These two camps are why they get away with it. 

I really feel sorry for anyone who has invested in this game. At this stage it's just a big scam.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Lol, there are times when I wonder if this game will ever come out, or if the whole thing is just a scam.

Well we'll find out when they either go to court for not delivering a game within the next 3 more years, or we'll see them release the game within the next 3 years. Either way something is going to happen by then.

I have seen their dev schedule diagram, and tbh, it looks batshit complicated and insane to comprehend. That said I do hope they at least release Squadron 42 (they did pay Mark Hamill after all, as well as other celebs, they definitely don't come cheap), then I can rub it in the faces of the naysayers for giggles  

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

REDZONE said:
Nearly 200 million in funding and still not finished?

IKR? They've raised over 3 times the budget of most AAA games, all paid for up front by the publisher, and the game's still nowhere near being complete and it still looks like a cheap Alpha build mobile game after 6 years. 😂

How about introducing a release date?

This game has made well over $100 million, an amount significantly higher than the budget of your typical AAA game these days. How can this be putting so much emphasis on MT’s while taking so damn long to make?

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Chazore said:

Well we'll find out when they either go to court for not delivering a game within the next 3 more years, or we'll see them release the game within the next 3 years. Either way something is going to happen by then.

I have seen their dev schedule diagram, and tbh, it looks batshit complicated and insane to comprehend. That said I do hope they at least release Squadron 42 (they did pay Mark Hamill after all, as well as other celebs, they definitely don't come cheap), then I can rub it in the faces of the naysayers for giggles  

Star citizen was announced in 2012, i google squadron 42 and the first page was a reddit post from 3 YEARS AGO with the title "For those confused about Squadron 42 and what you're getting ".

And you say you will laugh at the naysayers ?

There have been games and MMO's that have spent 7-10 years in development , They just don't show you what's going on, let alone be that transparent with you on what's going on. 

Yes, yes I do

I've been waiting patiently for the game to do what it needs to do, rather than being a complete spurg and demanding they rush it out the door like most AAA games are these days. If they don't get around to releasing it, I don't really lose out, because I've got other games to play. My life isn't dependent on the game like some people like to think it is.