By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paladins confirmed for Switch, Founder's Pack release June 12th, 60FPS, Crossplay, F2P later

The more I see, the more I want this. Colorful art style, 60 fps, crossplay! Looks fun!

Around the Network

Gameplay of the Switch version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUxylsbP6xE

KLAMarine said:
HollyGamer said:

It's possible but for online competition it will create lag. 

You some kind of comedian?

Actually my reasoning is based on logic, gyro aiming create lag between controler and Switch , and combine that with Monitor lag and Internet lag, Bamm . You got the lagiest version on online FPS match. 

TruckOSaurus said:
flashfire926 said:

Looks like this is real then.

What do the numbers underneath (2x, 4x, 8x) mean? Do you know? 

Something to do with number of banners at e3

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

curl-6 said:

Gameplay of the Switch version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUxylsbP6xE

Looks like a quality port I think.  

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
DonFerrari said:
Never heard about this game =p

Well it's a poor man Overwatch. Only popular on Steam. It's quite popular actually but  it came after Overwatch recent popularity and it's hard for them to compete directly. 

But after reading the thread, seems like there is a healthy number of players, so should be a plus for Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

They should release this the same time as the Switch in China. Which im hoping before Pokemon Go.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

HollyGamer said:
KLAMarine said:

You some kind of comedian?

Actually my reasoning is based on logic, gyro aiming create lag between controler and Switch , and combine that with Monitor lag and Internet lag, Bamm . You got the lagiest version on online FPS match. 

When the Switch Joy-Cons are connected physically to the Switch in handheld mode or when the Pro controller is connected through a USB connector, then lag from the controller should be no different than when using a physically wired connector with an Xbox One or Dualshock or any other USB controller regardless of whether or not gyro aiming is used (is it even mandatory for this game?).

As for monitor lag, the PS4/PS4 Pro versions are also afflicted by this issue considering the Switch/PS4/PS4 Pro do not have freesync or gsync support. But again most gamers on PC/Xbox One S/Xbox One X are unlikely to have the required freesync/gsync displays (and if you play on TV, a lot of TVs are notorious for bad refresh rates anyways).

Internet lag when playing over wireless would not be that much different from other systems over wireless. You can use the Switch ethernet adapter if you want a more stable wired connection. Also, it should be noted that this game will likely use its own network infrastructure as opposed to the one from Nintendo (much like Rocket League and Minecraft).

shikamaru317 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

What do the numbers underneath (2x, 4x, 8x) mean? Do you know? 

I believe this is supposed to be an order form for signs to put over the demo stations for each game on the show floor. So for the 8x games they ordered 8 signs which means that there will be alot of demo stations for those games, whereas the 6x, 4x, and 2x games will have less and less demo stations.

So, they're going all in Mario and Fortnite on the showfloor, whereas Paladins, DragonBall Fighter Z, and Monster Hunter won't have alot of demo stations. The big surprise there for me is that Monster Hunter is only 2x, the series was pretty big on 3DS so you'd think Nintendo would have allocated more floor space to Monster Hunter. Killer Queen getting 4x is kind of surprising too, seeing as it's a port of an arcade game from a few years ago that wasn't all that popular. 

Well, MonHun and DragonBall are more Japan-centric, while Paladins seems more of an outsider, especially with them also showing Fortnite. And E3 is in America. So a japanese show would probably have different number of demo-stations.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

nemo37 said:
HollyGamer said:

When the Switch Joy-Cons are connected physically to the Switch in handheld mode or when the Pro controller is connected through a USB connector, then lag from the controller should be no different than when using a physically wired connector with an Xbox One or Dualshock or any other USB controller regardless of whether or not gyro aiming is used (is it even mandatory for this game?).

A Gyro-sensor is more complicated than a stick or button, so it takes more time to read it. And then again to interpret the results. Even sticks and buttons add lag, that's not for free, but for these it is pretty low. I don't actually know how much more lag a modern gyro-sensor like the one in the Switch produces, may well be low enough to be fine.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]