By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. June bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

No I'm just back from my adventure in Poland and Russia for the world cup so I'm out of the loop. Again feel free to actually answer my question if you want. 

Amazon's predictive value is pretty heavily compromised.  The Switch having only 2 SKUs on Amazon vs the multiples for PS4 and Xbone already distorted things (NPD has kinda confirmed this with PS4 winning months while Switch would have the highest single SKU).  But now Amazon and Sony are having a bit of a conflict.  Amazon has stopped selling PS4s directly.  The assumption based on Amazon's history is that they are pressuring for a better deal from Sony.  So right now, Amazon's just a single data point and not comprehensive.  It's plenty accurate for Switch vs Xbone right now but that's about as hard to predict as the sun rising.  So if you want prediction discussions, the NPD Prediction Tool thread is probably best.  Right now this is mostly just sales discussion and Amazon discussion.

Lol, he's already aware of this. He's pretending not to know in order to sneak brag about PS4 winning NPD while Amazon shows Switch dominating. 

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Nuvendil said:

Amazon's predictive value is pretty heavily compromised.  The Switch having only 2 SKUs on Amazon vs the multiples for PS4 and Xbone already distorted things (NPD has kinda confirmed this with PS4 winning months while Switch would have the highest single SKU).  But now Amazon and Sony are having a bit of a conflict.  Amazon has stopped selling PS4s directly.  The assumption based on Amazon's history is that they are pressuring for a better deal from Sony.  So right now, Amazon's just a single data point and not comprehensive.  It's plenty accurate for Switch vs Xbone right now but that's about as hard to predict as the sun rising.  So if you want prediction discussions, the NPD Prediction Tool thread is probably best.  Right now this is mostly just sales discussion and Amazon discussion.

Lol, he's already aware of this. He's pretending not to know in order to sneak brag about PS4 winning NPD while Amazon shows Switch dominating. 

Jesus Christ... Just stop. 

Marth said:
Kerotan said:

Thanks for the informative reply. I knew they were having an argument that was affecting psn cards and ps4 game pre orders but had no idea it's been extended to the ps4. 

I was already losing interest in this thread when it's reliability started to suffer but now they aren't even selling the ps4 I've no interest whatsoever. This thread was useful at one point now it's dead to me. 

Funnily enough the 60$ PSN card and the PSN Membership is doing good despite all the stuff going on. Also only first party PS4 games are affected by this.

Wonder how long amazon wants to keep this shit up because they are losing more business than Sony. We are at two months now.

It's a real standoff. They probably just keep certain items on so it's not a complete blacklist. I used to think amazon was a great company but when you see one of the most profitable companies in the world applying these bully boy tactics it makes you wonder. Amazon make enough money as it is. 

I LOVE GIGGS said:
I'm really impressed by Xbox X performance in Amazon on the first half of the year. Last year, Xbox One was spending most of the time at the lower part of the list. I thought, outside of special events, the X would disappear from the charts late January as I expected it to achieve only 10-20% of Xbox One total. It is a $500 upgrade 4-5 years into the gen.
Microsoft must be happy with the results.

Microsoft would be happy if this was represented across the USA as a whole. Have we any breakdown data from the npd on how its doing?? 

Kerotan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Lol....likewise

Around the Network

It seems incredibly odd that games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Spider-Man are nowhere to be found on the best selling games list.

Kerotan said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
I'm really impressed by Xbox X performance in Amazon on the first half of the year. Last year, Xbox One was spending most of the time at the lower part of the list. I thought, outside of special events, the X would disappear from the charts late January as I expected it to achieve only 10-20% of Xbox One total. It is a $500 upgrade 4-5 years into the gen.
Microsoft must be happy with the results.

Microsoft would be happy if this was represented across the USA as a whole. Have we any breakdown data from the npd on how its doing?? 

Isn't this, first five months of the year, the best year for Xbox One ever? I know that it is better than 2015, 2016 & 2017, not sure about 2014 and Titanfall effect though. I guess X performance is a big reason for this. 

Mat from NPD stated that Xbox generated the most revenue in the first quarter and that ia for sure due to the X having a big percentage. 

We know that it is spread across the whole USA and not just Amazon. 

Smash Bros is still so high!

Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen.

- Mark Twain  

Smartie900 said:
It seems incredibly odd that games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Spider-Man are nowhere to be found on the best selling games list.

Are preorders even open for all these games?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 28 June 2018

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Kerotan said:

Lol....likewise

I'm asking legitimate questions so no I won't stop. You should back your accusations up with evidence and facts otherwise it's just baseless accusations. 

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Kerotan said:

Isn't this, first five months of the year, the best year for Xbox One ever? I know that it is better than 2015, 2016 & 2017, not sure about 2014 and Titanfall effect though. I guess X performance is a big reason for this. 

Mat from NPD stated that Xbox generated the most revenue in the first quarter and that ia for sure due to the X having a big percentage. 

We know that it is spread across the whole USA and not just Amazon. 

Yeah I remember that. Could that be possible with xbox x as low as 30% of it's sales? I just haven't seen anything official stating xbox x is up around 40 or 50%.