By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. June bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Kerotan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Lol....likewise

I'm asking legitimate questions so no I won't stop. You should back your accusations up with evidence and facts otherwise it's just baseless accusations. 

I LOVE GIGGS said:

Isn't this, first five months of the year, the best year for Xbox One ever? I know that it is better than 2015, 2016 & 2017, not sure about 2014 and Titanfall effect though. I guess X performance is a big reason for this. 

Mat from NPD stated that Xbox generated the most revenue in the first quarter and that ia for sure due to the X having a big percentage. 

We know that it is spread across the whole USA and not just Amazon. 

Yeah I remember that. Could that be possible with xbox x as low as 30% of it's sales? I just haven't seen anything official stating xbox x is up around 40 or 50%.

Maybe that's the reason also why the XBO S keeps getting those pricecuts; because without them the S ain't selling anymore and clogging up storages for Microsoft.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Kerotan said:

I'm asking legitimate questions so no I won't stop. You should back your accusations up with evidence and facts otherwise it's just baseless accusations. 

Yeah I remember that. Could that be possible with xbox x as low as 30% of it's sales? I just haven't seen anything official stating xbox x is up around 40 or 50%.

Maybe that's the reason also why the XBO S keeps getting those pricecuts; because without them the S ain't selling anymore and clogging up storages for Microsoft.

The base xbox model was always sold pretty cheap even before the X. Otherwise the ps4 would outsell it by way too much. 

Kerotan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

The base xbox model was always sold pretty cheap even before the X. Otherwise the ps4 would outsell it by way too much. 

Yeah, but look at the chart above where the ONE X is and where the ONE S: The X is on 39, while the S jumps in and out of the Top 100 outside of pricecuts, and the X is also the only model charting at Gamestop.

This all implies to me that the S just isn't selling anymore outside of promotions

Kerotan said: 

So amazon continues to be a bad indicator for ps4 performance. I'm losing interest in this thread with the continued inaccuracies. 

Kerotan said:
So many playstation items not being stocked by amazon. It really takes away from the point in following these charts when many of the would be Top sellers aren't even tracked.

Kerotan said: 

So amazon is predicting an easy win for Switch, Xbox second and ps4 third. I've a funny feeling npd won't reflect this again. 

Kerotan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Lol....likewise

I wouldn't say baseless, you've been in the amazon threads several times questioning the validity of their reflection on NPD (see above). Not sure why you're pretending not to know ps4 has had stock problems on amazon, and the monthly charts havent reflected NPD for a while.

If you check Microsoft, Sony and many of the major 3rd party titles websites for preorders, Amazon is not listed as a retailer to choose. NBA2k19 will be a top 5 game for the year, its widely pre-ordered but its presence on Amazon is pretty much nonexistent.

The same goes for:
FIFA
NHL
Madden
Spiderman
RedDead

That's where the Nintendo over representation is coming from.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah, but look at the chart above where the ONE X is and where the ONE S: The X is on 39, while the S jumps in and out of the Top 100 outside of pricecuts, and the X is also the only model charting at Gamestop.

This all implies to me that the S just isn't selling anymore outside of promotions

On amazon that's true but have we any indication nation wide. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Kerotan said: 

So amazon continues to be a bad indicator for ps4 performance. I'm losing interest in this thread with the continued inaccuracies. 

Kerotan said:
So many playstation items not being stocked by amazon. It really takes away from the point in following these charts when many of the would be Top sellers aren't even tracked.

Kerotan said: 

So amazon is predicting an easy win for Switch, Xbox second and ps4 third. I've a funny feeling npd won't reflect this again. 

Kerotan said:

I wouldn't say baseless, you've been in the amazon threads several times questioning the validity of their reflection on NPD (see above). Not sure why you're pretending not to know ps4 has had stock problems on amazon, and the monthly charts havent reflected NPD for a while.

I've been pretty much not here for the guts of the last month and wasn't aware the ps4 was no longer stocked. When did they stop stocking it? 

I used to visit these threads daily when they were actually accurate now it seems pointless. I'm entitled to return to the new monthly thread once to ask have things improved since the last. Not sure why it is causing such offence. 

Kerotan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Yeah, but look at the chart above where the ONE X is and where the ONE S: The X is on 39, while the S jumps in and out of the Top 100 outside of pricecuts, and the X is also the only model even charting at Gamestop.

On amazon that's true but have we any indication nation wide. 

Did you just dismissed the bolded part? It's not just on Amazon where the X is far outselling the S. And I'm sure the other shops reflect that too

Well, since I now have a lot of freetime in my hands, and given the fun I had doing this with XC 2, Ill be updating daily the position of Octopath Traveler across several amazon charts.(all charts are from the daily chart).I expect to do this up until the release, or maybe even until one week after the release.

US: 10th
JP: 5th
UK: 43th
Germany: 41th
France: 7th
Canada: 4th

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Well, since I now have a lot of freetime in my hands, and given the fun I had doing this with XC 2, Ill be updating daily the position of Octopath Traveler across several amazon charts.(all charts are from the daily chart).I expect to do this up until the release, or maybe even until one week after the release.

US: 10th
JP: 5th
UK: 43th
Germany: 41th
France: 7th
Canada: 4th

Looking pretty good so far, if that keeps up the game could sell more than most people expect from it

Yay! Octopath doing well!

Pocky Lover Boy!