By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. June bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

So what's amazon predicting this month and did it predict a ps4 easy victory for May?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
So what's amazon predicting this month and did it predict a ps4 easy victory for May?

Bored much?

xMetroid said:
Well ps4 games are also vanishing from amazon only 6 games in the top 100 that's sad they are fighting or wathever.

So its hard to say if Switch is doing amazing with #5 and #17 or if its the same as other months but without ps4 as a competition so its obviously higher in the charts

The NPD prediction tool also validates the Switch' s current boost. It is currently tracking above the PS4 on that tool as well although it is currently averaging below the PS4 over the entire month of June at present.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mar1217 said:

So the GBA games don't count anymore ?

OK, didn't know there were Crash Bandicoot games on the GBA, my bad 

It was also on Gamecube

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Kerotan said:

Bored much?

No. If you'd like to answer the question feel free. It's the original point of these threads after all. 

Around the Network

Octopath continues it's ascension through the yearly chart, now at 64 already
Super Mario Party entered the yearlies now too, currently at 94
Pokemon let's go Pikachu is still the only version charting in the yearlies, now at 84

Kerotan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Bored much?

No. If you'd like to answer the question feel free. It's the original point of these threads after all. 

But why ask a rhetorical question and expect a serious answer? There is an NPD prediction thread I'm sure you're aware of. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Kerotan said:

But why ask a rhetorical question and expect a serious answer? There is an NPD prediction thread I'm sure you're aware of. 

No I'm just back from my adventure in Poland and Russia for the world cup so I'm out of the loop. Again feel free to actually answer my question if you want. 

Kerotan said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

No I'm just back from my adventure in Poland and Russia for the world cup so I'm out of the loop. Again feel free to actually answer my question if you want. 

Amazon's predictive value is pretty heavily compromised.  The Switch having only 2 SKUs on Amazon vs the multiples for PS4 and Xbone already distorted things (NPD has kinda confirmed this with PS4 winning months while Switch would have the highest single SKU).  But now Amazon and Sony are having a bit of a conflict.  Amazon has stopped selling PS4s directly.  The assumption based on Amazon's history is that they are pressuring for a better deal from Sony.  So right now, Amazon's just a single data point and not comprehensive.  It's plenty accurate for Switch vs Xbone right now but that's about as hard to predict as the sun rising.  So if you want prediction discussions, the NPD Prediction Tool thread is probably best.  Right now this is mostly just sales discussion and Amazon discussion.

Nuvendil said:
Kerotan said:

Amazon's predictive value is pretty heavily compromised.  The Switch having only 2 SKUs on Amazon vs the multiples for PS4 and Xbone already distorted things (NPD has kinda confirmed this with PS4 winning months while Switch would have the highest single SKU).  But now Amazon and Sony are having a bit of a conflict.  Amazon has stopped selling PS4s directly.  The assumption based on Amazon's history is that they are pressuring for a better deal from Sony.  So right now, Amazon's just a single data point and not comprehensive.  It's plenty accurate for Switch vs Xbone right now but that's about as hard to predict as the sun rising.  So if you want prediction discussions, the NPD Prediction Tool thread is probably best.  Right now this is mostly just sales discussion and Amazon discussion.

Thanks for the informative reply. I knew they were having an argument that was affecting psn cards and ps4 game pre orders but had no idea it's been extended to the ps4. 

I was already losing interest in this thread when it's reliability started to suffer but now they aren't even selling the ps4 I've no interest whatsoever. This thread was useful at one point now it's dead to me.